ix. you've literally gone insane

________________________________________

BITTERSWEET
::  ix. | you've literally gone insane

It was early in the morning. Jasmine was feeling quite better and she asked jj if they could keep Miguel at the BAU a little longer just so she could talk with him. She wanted to leave before Cole woke up because if she didn't, there would be questions and Vanessa would be giving the hard answers which she has been avoiding to do lately.

Since she was released from the hospital, Cole been avoiding certain questions and Vanessa has been avoiding certain answers because she knew Cole would end up hating her once she said them. The last thing any parent wants is for their child to hate them.

As soon as she locked the front door, she hurried to the car and got in. She soon began her way to the BAU. As soon as she got there, she parked on the curb and met jj on the sixth floor in the lobby of the BAU. Jj walked her to the interrogation room where Miguel was still being held, courtesy of Vanessa. Once they were outside the room, jj asked for her bag and keys. At first Vanessa wasn't sure of why but she understood it was procedure. After the keys and purse were handed to Jennifer, Vanessa walked into the room.

Vanessa didn't care much to sit. She stood there in front of him with her arms crossed over her chest.

"I'm glad you're ok." Miguel mumbled.

Vanessa scoffed, "Are you? It seemed like the last couple of hours, you didn't give a shit! You were hesitant."

"Really? So I didn't want him to have you as an alternative? He would've done stuff!" Miguel fired back.

"He already has!" Vanessa yelled, "Cole was your responsibility and you put her in danger! You said we wouldn't have to be apart of this anymore, Miguel!" She began to pace, "Now you're going away for drug possession— fucking legal fees. I don't want her to be apart of this."