v. wrong place (part 2)

________________________________________

BITTERSWEET
:: v. | wrong place (part 2)

Vanessa could see it in her eyes, Cole was scared and she didn't know if they were going to make it out alive. She looked at jennifer and Jennifer gave her a certain look, as if to play along. Vanessa looked down at the floor and gulped before looking back up at the man who had the gun pointing at her.

"Where's Miguel?" Vanessa's tone was quite demanding.

The man completely ignored her question, "Until he coughs up what he owes me, we're all going to be here. Tim?" He turned to one of his buddies, "Take the kid and the blonde to the other room. I want to be alone with mama bear." He turned his head towards Vanessa with a smug smile on his face.

Vanessa watched as Cole and Jennifer were manhandled out the living room. The other men had left as well, leaving Vanessa and this guy alone. Though she was worried about her friend, Miguel, and Cole— she couldn't help but wonder how this guy knew that she was cole's mom. With that in her mind, she can only figure out that Miguel and this guy go way back and are maybe close because he knows about Cole and her.

"You going to tell me your name or just keep staring at me?" Vanessa darted her eyes up to the man who stood before her, holding a gun in his right hand.

He just chuckled, "You got a mouth on ya, don't ya?"

"Well when you threaten my kid, I'm a real bitch about it." She spoke sternly.

Before he could reply, his phone was buzzing in his back pocket. He pulled it out, pressed the green button then held it up to his ear, "What's the problem?"

The conversation lasted about a minute or two. Though Vanessa wasn't tied down or anything, she still couldn't move because that damn gun was still pointed at her. Soon the phone was hanged up and it was slid back into his pocket. He looked at Vanessa and titled his head slightly before walking behind her, then grabbing something to restrain her.