xviii. violent delights

________________________________________

BITTERSWEET
::  xviii. | violent delights

It was like any other day. Vanessa and Miguel were regetting to know each other, Cole was getting ready for a theatre party at Daniel's house. It was a regular day for the Reigns girls.

Vanessa couldn't remember the last time she laughed this hard at some dumb joke that Miguel made up. Each time she visited him, he gives her a reason why she should take him back; why they got together in the first place. But deep down, she was still battling with everything.

Lately, the drug problem got worse at her job and see all those bags, packs — she can't handle it. She would've called jj anytime but she didn't want to bother her with it because of how busy jennifer is and well, she has will. She would talk to Miguel about it but he's behind bars so there's not much he can do.

She was on her own and she didn't know what to do. She was so stuck under water that there was no one to help her up. When she went through this the first time, she had Miguel. It was a two person job and now it's one. She never relapsed but maybe that's just it — she has to relapse to really get better.

But then, what was those fifteen years sober for? Did she just suppress what she really wanted instead of actually dealing with it? She wasn't sure. Those same thoughts kept circulating throughout her mind. Then she thought about Cole, child services. The last thing she wants is someone taking her daughter away and then not seeing her for a while. So with that in mind, she suppressed all those feelings.

Not once did she notice that she did not speak for like maybe two minutes.

"Vanessa, are you ok?"

Her eyes blinked rapidly, "What?"

"You like went into this — I don't know . . black out phase? Are you ok?" Miguel was worried.