lii. stars in your eyes

________________________________________

BITTERSWEET
::  lii. | stars in your eyes

It was jj's first day back to the BAU since she's returned to the states. She was the opposite of nervous, excited and eager. You have no idea how much she missed her team and walking through those glass doors ——- the feeling was surreal. And just when she thought she was going to have a brief moment to breathe . . . Penelope came rushing pass her.

"Hi, jj." Penelope stopped right in her tracks, slowly turning around, "Oh my god, you're back!"

Jj opened her arms, "Bring it in."

Penelope didn't hesitate going in for a hug. Just like everyone else, she missed one of her best friends. As the two hugged, the rest of the team came in view.

All of them were welcoming agent jareau back and soon enough, the mood changed. There was a case and just like all the others, this one was pretty gruesome. So the team debriefed in the conference room, then was on the jet twenty minutes later headed to Oklahoma.

It felt like a restart for jj, the first time when she came to the BAU but there was only one difference. She didn't need introductions, she already had people who love her and were happy to see her back. The cases will never be better, but it's helping the people in need that counts.

• • •

Vanessa was on her way out, she's been called in on her day off. She came out her room, rushing and heading to the door. She did scramble a bit to grab everything she needed which Cole watched quietly from the kitchen table.

As Vanessa made one more round about in the house, she eventually was making her way to the door. As she rushed through the kitchen, she gave Cole a kiss on the head and a . . .