iii. mi amor

________________________________________

BITTERSWEET
::  iii. | mi amor

It was a short day at work for Vanessa. Since it was, she decided to stop by PaPa Jones on her way home. She thought her and Cole, maybe Jennifer if she wasn't busy— could have a family dinner. Over the past few weeks, Cole has gotten attached to Jennifer, so Vanessa tries to bring her around as much as possible but only for Cole.

After she picked up the pizza, she continued her way home. She knew Cole was already there because school let out an hour and a half ago, resulting in Cole to text when she got home. Vanessa drove for another ten minutes until she was on her street. She slowed down as she approached the driveway and as she drove up, she noticed a car parked on the curb. She recognized it and she hoped she was wrong because if she was right, Cole was going to be in big trouble.

She got out the car and walked the path to the front door. Once she opened and locked the door behind her, she immediately headed to the kitchen. What she saw, she really wanted not to be right.

She set the pizza down on the stove and purse on the counter, along with her keys angrily.

Cole slowly stood up from her chair, "Mom, I was going to call you."

"I told you he is not allowed to be here." She scolded her daughter, not making any eye contact with Miguel.

"I-I know but i just wanted—" Cole was nervous, she hated when her mom got mad.

"Go upstairs, Cole." Vanessa gestured with her index finger out the kitchen.

"Mom, could we just—"

"Now." Vanessa's brows raised as her eyes grew wide. She hated playing the bad guy but she hated even more when Cole broke the rules.