xxx. cynical times (part 3)

________________________________________

BITTERSWEET
:: xxx. | cynical times (part 3)

As Vanessa stood on the curb, waiting for a cab to drive by, she pulled out her phone and immediately called her daughter. For some reason as she waited for the other line to pick up, tears slowly began to form in her eyes. She didn't understand why. All she thought about was holding jj's hand. She was tired of just being Jennifer's friend. She wanted to kiss jj. She felt as if her whole world would be put into place again.

She recalled that one night when she met agent jareau. She didn't remember what day it was but she remembered it was passed midnight and Jennifer brought Cole home. Vanessa remembered thinking that she wanted to get to know her, then she recalled the first time she realized she wanted to be more than just a friend of jj's. She just wasn't sure if it was women in general or just Jennifer jareau.

Her seeing will with jj, only made her realize that it was probably too late anyway. Jennifer was now pregnant and she loves will, no matter of how she felt towards Vanessa. By just standing there waiting for her kid to pick up . . . Vanessa finally came to terms with that. She also knew friends wasn't an option either because it'll be too hard. So she made a hard decision in that moment.

She ended the call with Cole before it even started and then went through her contacts. She deleted jj's number and then hailed a taxi. She realized it was time to move on and maybe, possibly be really happy. That meant giving Savannah a fair chance.

After hailing the cab and getting in, she was then headed to the airport for her flight back to Virginia. She wanted it to be peaceful. She didn't want to talk to anyone until she got back. Phone was off and big life changes were happening.

• • •

While everyone else was at the hospital trying to stop the unsub, jj was on the sideline with Penelope. She was completely focused on the case up until this point. She was searching for answers in her head but there was none to be found. She didn't even notice Garcia freaking out over Morgan being the one to drive the ambulance into a field.