xx. just for a moment

________________________________________

BITTERSWEET
::  xx. | just for a moment

It was the next day and Vanessa thought it was a good idea for a family breakfast. She was stirring the pancake mix when Miguel wrapped his arms around from behind. He noticed her hair was curled up in those curlers, he thought she might be trying a new style for a change — he liked it.

Vanessa picked up the whisk out the bowl and turned to Miguel, "Taste?"

His arms were still wrapped around her waist, "I'm not the cook here."

Vanessa rolled her eyes and rubbed her finger against one of the spirals. She then put her finger in her mouth to taste the batter. She hummed with a slight nod, giving her own cooking an approval. Just before whatever was going to happen next happened, the front door rang.

"I'll get it." He leaned in and kissed her cheek softly before heading to the door.

He sighed as he approached the door, not wanting to open it because he just wanted it to be him and his girls for now. Whatever was on the other side of that door was going to completely ruin it for him.

His hand gripped the knob and twist it, pulling the door open.

"Agent."

"Is Vanessa home?" Jennifer's brows rose as she subtly tried to look behind him to see.

With a careless look, he moved to the side and let her in. He watched as she went into the kitchen and shook his head disapprovingly as he shut the door. He never liked police or more so, the FBI.

• • •

Vanessa turned around at the sound of footsteps, "So who was tha— jj!"