xxxv. comatose

________________________________________

BITTERSWEET
:: xxxv. | comatose

Red wine. There it sat on the coffee table next to a fallen glass, while Vanessa laid right side up asleep at one in the afternoon the next day. It was the aftermath of what happened with her house being shot down and finding out about Miguel. She didn't know how to take it or deal with it. She felt lost, like it was the beginning of the end.

She continued to sleep up until she heard the door bell ring over and over. Her eyes fluttered open as it rang a fifth time.

"I'm coming!"

Vanessa stumbled a bit as she stood up and as she began to make her way to the door, she wasn't all there. Her eyes kept trying to close and her legs wanted to give out. It was clear to say she was the drunkest she's ever been. She had definitely hit rock bottom.

Just as she approached the door, she caught herself from falling. She opened the door and there stood agents Reid and Prentiss.

"Hi." Emily began, "Hotch sent us. We've been trying to reach you all morning."

Vanessa turned around, heading back to the living room, "I'm awake now. So, what?"

"Well, you're still holding information that could help us." Spencer chimed in, following behind Emily who was following Vanessa.

Once they stepped foot into the living room, Emily immediately noticed the wine and the fallen glass as did Spencer. The two agents shared a look as Vanessa picked up the glass.

"So, where's cole?" Emily continued.

"Not here." Vanessa then reached for the wine bottle, "It's safer that way."