lx. perfect on paper

________________________________________

BITTERSWEET
:: lx. | perfect on paper

Vanessa groaned as she aggressively laid on the bed, "But I want to get out of here!"

Cole popped her head out the bathroom, "Doctor says to rest and mama says to enforce it." As another groan slipped from Vanessa's mouth, there was a knock at the door, "Oh and your boss is coming over."

Vanessa sat up and just gave her daughter an a little too late for that look. As she got up, there was another knock on the door. She quickly made her way and opened the door to her room.

"Oh, good. I was afraid you might be sleeping." Florence walked in, passing Vanessa.

The mother shut the door and turned in Florence's direction, "Not to be rude —— what are you doing here?"

"Checking on you." Florence sat on one of the chairs that was in the room, "You've been gone for awhile which is understandable, but i just wanted to see how you're doing."

Vanessa sat on the edge of the bed, "Taking it day by day and waiting for the doctor to give me the all clear. How's work at the center?"

"Same as you left but there's more to my visit." Florence admitted, "It's about officer LaMontagne."

"Will? What about him?"

"I hope it doesn't weird you out or anything, but him and I've been talking for sometime. I really like him, you know." She continued, "Would that be ok with you if me and him went out, like a date?"

"I have no problem with it." Vanessa shrugged, "He's not my baby daddy. But you would be ok with this? Because Will's a whole package."