xxxvii. little white light

________________________________________

BITTERSWEET
:: xxxvii. | little white light

Another week passed and they had lead after lead. They would pursue one, dead end, then pursue another one. It was the same cycle, it was like nothing solid was sticking hard enough.

Though they were down an agent, jareau still helped from the sidelines of her apartment. When Henry was taking his scheduled nap, she would look through files and things of that such. If there was something, she would call Hotch. Although she loved being home with Henry, Will coming by every so often, three weeks was plenty of time off.

However, she knew Hotch would want her to stay the whole standard which is one month or more. For some reason she just couldn't. So jareau, packed a little bag for Henry and then the files. She carried him to the black suv and strapped him in his little baby seat before getting in on the driver's side. She then drove to the BAU in hopes of helping from there and so the team could see baby Henry.

Once she made it, she carried two bags on her back and Henry on her arm in his little baby seat. She took the elevator to the sixth floor and then walked through the double glass doors. Immediately she was recognized by everyone.

"Jj, what are you doing here?"

She made it to her desk with Henry as Spencer followed, "Couldn't stay at home anymore knowing that there's so much more to do to help Vanessa and Cole."

"Jj — " Hotch was suddenly nearby, "You're back already?"

"Just until this case is wrapped." She faced him, "Is that ok?"

"Definitely." Hotch then noticed Henry, "How's the little guy?"

"Stubborn." She lightly chuckled, "But a real charmer."