9.14

Wu Bai didn't continue to ask about what happened after that, and he didn't know how Nan Yiyun dealt with the maid in the end. He just felt tired of staying in the mansion.

    After making up his mind to go out to relax, Wu Bai took the gifts and got into the carriage to go to the homes of several masters who had taught him to pay New Year's greetings to them, and then rode the carriage towards Linshan Town.

    Wu Bai had never been to Linshan Town and didn't know the address of Xiao Zimo's house, so he ordered Yan Shu and the others to inquire about the news.

    Fortunately, the number of scholars in Linshan Town is small. When the people in the town heard that the person they were inquiring about was a young scholar, they immediately pointed them to the right way.

    According to the address they had inquired, the three of them rode a carriage through two alleys and came to the door of Xiao Zimo's house.

.Seeing that the door was not closed, and there were still cries and the sound of things falling to the ground, and there were many neighbors pointing at the door, Wu Bai thought that something was wrong, jumped out of the carriage, and quickly passed through the crowd.

    Walking into the door, I happened to see four strong men in bunts throwing things with fierce faces. Xiao Zimo was trying to stop them, but was held by his mother. There was still a middle-aged man lying on the ground. , I don't know how the man is.

    "Stop!" Wu Bai quickly stopped.

    "Yo, here's another little white face, he looks quite rich." One of the men stopped his movements and looked at Wu Bai.

    When the others heard the word 'rich', they stopped their movements and looked at Wu Bai.

    Seeing that they stopped beating and smashing, Xiao Zimo and his mother hurried over to help the person lying on the ground.

."Who are you, you dare to trespass the house in broad daylight!" Wu Bai asked.

    "We didn't trespass the house, they didn't pay us back," another man replied.

    "Yes, it's because they don't pay back the money they owe. We are just here to collect the debt. You seem to be rich. Since you know this family, you might as well pay them back," said the man who spoke first.

    Hearing this, Xiao Zimo hurriedly explained: "My virtuous brother, don't be fooled, my family doesn't owe them any money at all."

    At this time, a man walked out of the house again, and the other party came out with a jewelry box in disgust, and scolded: "Bah, poor and sour!"

.After scolding, the other party raised his head and saw Wu Bai. He recognized Wu Bai at a glance, and quickly walked to the four big men, saying, "This is the person who also owes our shopkeeper money, a full 5,000 taels. , you take him too."

    Hearing five thousand taels, the four big men flashed greed in their eyes, nodded in agreement, and all walked towards Wu Bai.

    At the same time, Wu Bai also recognized who the man holding the jewelry box was. The other party was the second in the restaurant where he and Xiao Zimo participated in the elegant gambling.

    I didn't expect that after so long, the other party would find the Xiao family.

    "Bang!" "Bang!" "Bang!" "Bang!"

    There were four sounds of heavy objects falling, followed by a wailing sound.

    The second of the teahouse took a closer look, and the four strong men just now fell to the ground, while Wu Bai stood calmly in place.