9.25

Wu Bai and the two were about to enjoy their meal when Yan Qi led a person in.

    Yan Qi said to Wu Bai, "Young Master, the eldest son is here."

    Wu Mingxuan looked at the two Wu Bai and the food on the table in front of them, and said, "Little brother is really amazing. He became the champion without making a sound. If I hadn't followed you quietly, I wouldn't have been able to find your place."

    "What big brother said, we can't compare to you. We can go to Guozijian to study and live in the dormitory. We can only live in this remote alley." Wu Bai retorted.

    "Are you showing off to me by becoming the champion? Showing off that even if you didn't go to the Imperial Academy, you were admitted to the champion, and I'm just a fellow jinshi." Wu Mingxuan said jealously.

    "Big brother is really funny. You came uninvited. If you don't come, who can I show off to?" Wu Bai sneered.

."Don't be complacent too early." Wu Mingxuan threw his sleeves away angrily.

    Wu Bai retracted his gaze and greeted, "Let's eat, some people just like to embarrass themselves."

    Wu Mingxuan, who had not walked far outside the door, heard this, his body trembled with anger, but he couldn't speak to Wu Bai, so he had to stomp away.

    The next day, Wu Bai and Xiao Zimo had lunch, and came to the Hanlin Academy in a carriage. The same Zhangyuan asked for a three-month vacation. They had to return to their hometown to worship their ancestors. , I am very happy to approve the holiday.

    After leaving the Hanlin Academy, Wu Bai and the others came to Yaxing again. The lease period of the house they lived in was coming, and they planned to renew the lease.

    The shopkeeper of Yaxing went to see the parade and recognized the identities of the two of them. The two sides exchanged greetings for a while. In the end, the shopkeeper only charged them 25 taels of silver, which was renewed for half a year.

.After returning, Yan Shu and the others began to pack their luggage.

    According to the law of Daliang, the three people in the first class will be escorted by a guard of honor arranged by the Ministry of Rites, and Wu Bai and the others will also have this time.

    On the second day, Wu Bai and the others came to the Ministry of Rites in a carriage, and then they left the capital with the guards of honor arranged for them, amid the din of gongs and drums.

    It stands to reason that Wu Bai should take a sedan chair, but this is a long way to go. Taking a sedan chair is really a delay in the journey. Wu Bai and the two refused to take a sedan chair and chose to ride a carriage, which made the people who carried the sedan chair feel grateful to Wu Bai and the others.

    This time back, Wu Bai and the others chose to take the waterway. When they left the capital, everyone headed for the pier. Due to the large number of people, Wu Bai directly packed a boat and headed to Jingchuan Province.

    The building boat went down the river at a very fast speed, but on the eighth day, they arrived at the dock in Jingchuan Province.

.Everyone spent one day repairing in Jingchuan Province. Kaizhou Prefecture belongs to Jingchuan Province. Wu Bai and the others naturally went to the provincial office to visit the prefect. On the third day, they continued to travel by land to Kaizhou Prefecture.

    Five days later, Wu Bai's guard of honor arrived at Kaizhou Mansion. Wu Chengzhou was working in the government office at the time. He was shocked when he heard that the official came to report that Wu Bai was the champion of Wu Bai High School.