Eric's Pov (27)

ERIC HAT
~~~~~~
Being an art student has its perks, especially during examinations. Our mid-term tests began today and will be done in the next three days before the Hawaii trip.

Hawaii trip, the infamous senior year excursion that kept everyone on their toes. It's the only opportunity we have to travel around and have fun.

Every batch in their finals usually anticipated the events that would take place there. I'm not talking of those stupid school trips where students aren't allowed to smoke or party till lights out.

It's more like finally touring the beautiful city we've all been dreaming about and reveling in its landscapes and nature. Then the famous "aloha spirit" accustomed to the magnificent town and its people was a thing to encounter. It's what the Hawaii trip is known for, FUN!!.

Florida is our best man for the show, we're all banking on him to make the most out of this one-time opportunity, It's his forte.

The trip cost a huge sum but was subsidized by the school forum.

I had already covered Emma's expenses before I realized she wasn't fit to travel after sustaining a head injury. She's been on head-cast for two weeks now and will be absent in all the mid-term tests likewise my brother who got suspended for two weeks straight.

Though mum was able to pull strings to let him write the tests with us. I wasn't happy she tried to help him while my girlfriend the victim is bedridden.

Despite his belligerence, mum keeps giving Einstein a chance, a chance to feel her motherly love but he keeps throwing it back at her, blaming her for the divorce, for not fighting for her marriage while I have to be the accommodating one instead of him the eldest. Sometimes I feel unloved by both mum and Einstein but who cares?

I sit in my favorite position hoping our invigilator won't mind us sitting close to our friends.

"Eric, what's up?" Texas greets me and takes the next seat beside me.

We've been besties forever, I can't remember a test or exam we sat for together and failed.

"You ready?" I ask shaking my pen.

"One hundred, you?"

"Feeling pestered already, she's at it again" I confide, Texas knows who it's about.

"Man she doesn't read the signs does she?... Well, being your ex, I don't expect less from her"

"She isn't my ex! I never dated anyone except Emma" I state blatantly.

"Looks like you tryna convince your conscience not me" Texas blurts facing his book.

I sigh, deep down I know he tells the bitter truth.

"I just need to get this over and done with and go see Emma, she's taking the cast off today"

"Aww, what a dedicated boyfriend you are. Is she gonna make it to Hawaii?"

"I don't think so, I asked Mr. White to make some adjustments on our test timetable so she could be included but his hands are tied"

"You mean to postpone the test?" Texas asks surprised.

"Yeah of course"

"Are you insane? That's like wrecking everyone's plans for yours"

"Well... I wasn't thinking that, I just... I just really wanted to go with Emma to Hawaii I'm sorry"

"You better be, I'm happy it didn't work. You can decide to stay with her instead of going on the trip. You can show your love and support that way"

"I don't think I can do that" I confess but he doesn't hear because the test began.