twenty one

nine months later

"billie, if this shit is bothering you so much than talk to her about it" claudia tells me as zoe and drew nod along, i huff while playing with my nails.

"she won't even care though so what's the point?" i shrug, refusing to meet their eyes because i already know what comes after this.

"then you shouldn't be with someone who doesn't give a shit about your feelings" zoe tells me making me groan.

"zoe, we are not together which is the main problem here" i tell her as i rub my eyes. it's so late.

"maybe try asking her to be official" drew say wit a shrug.

"but every time i drop a hint, she just laughs or something. it makes me feel stupid" i mumble, they all keep quiet for a while before claudia opens her mouth.

"i think you should sit her down and talk, if that doesn't work, then you're wasting your time and you know it" she tells me rubbing my shoulder.

i huff as i look at the message that just came in from jay at two in the morning, "i'm going over to hers" i tell them making them nod.

"alright, let me know if you want me to let you in or you're staying over at hers so i can go to sleep" she says giving me a small hug.

"okay" i quickly put on my shoes and hug zoe and drew before running out to jay's front door letting myself in and turn off the alarm.

i hear her move in her room as i take off my shoes and walk towards the bedroom, "oh shit, hey" she says as i enter, i give her a small smile as she kisses me softly.

"you didn't answer my message, i thought someone was breaking in" i chuckle as i take a seat in the bed calling her over to sit next to me.

"come sit, i really need to talk to you about something that has been bothering me" she stares at me before slowly nodding and sits down turning her body to me.

"what's up? what's wrong?" i chuckle at how nervous she sounds before searching my eyes.

"i- do you like me?" i ask, she looks at me like i'm dumb before realizing i am serious.

"of course i do, i adore you" i nod letting out a shaky breath.

"then why haven't you asked me to be your girlfriend? fuck jay we have been messing around for so long and you haven't asked me to be your girlfriend" i rant, i watch as her eyes search mine silently with no expression.

kill me.

"i thought maybe you don't like me enough to ask me to be your girlfriend, am i just a fuck buddy? if so please tell me now because i just wasted a lot of my time and it would explain why you want to have sex everyday" i shrug.

"billie. i thought we were on the same page, i didn't think i had to ask you i kind of just assumed because you know i haven't being seeing anyone else but you. i didn't know it bothered you so much" she tells me as her eyes search mine.

"why didn't you tell me earlier that you were bothered by this?" 

"i don't know, i guess sometimes you kind of don't take me seriously and dismiss my feelings  i guess and i don't like that. it makes me feel horrible" i tell her truthfully.

"what? do i really make you feel like that?" i silently nod as she takes my hand, "i'm sorry if this comes out bad but then why are you still here? with me, i mean. i don't want to make you feel like that and i shouldn't make you feel like that. billie you should know your worth and believe me when i say this whenever you talk about your feelings and how certain thing i do make you feel, i admire that"  

"that is something i can never do but i hear you and i listen to you and i take it in, it might not seem like it but i am telling you that i do hear you and every time i find myself in a certain situation, i always think about how that thing is going to make you feel because you have told me how you feel about it."

"so don't ever feel like i'm not listening to you. i'm always listening even if it may not seem like it"  she finishes lifting my head to look at me.

"okay" i mutter as i wipe my tears, "i'm sorry for doubting you and crying, i just thought this wasn't working out and there nothing i want more than for us to work out" i tell her as i sniffle.

"don't apologize baby, come here" she says placing me in her lap and hugs me, "i'm sorry i made you feel like that and please call me out next time i make you doubt yourself or make you cry" she says kissing my forehead.

i nod against her neck and wrap my arms around her, "and on that sex thing, baby i am just a sex animal and you happen to be really sexy. stop me when you don't want to have sex, i won't be mad" i chuckle but nod in response.

"okay, thank you" i say tightening my arms around her, i quickly pull out my phone to text claudia and throw it aside.

"billie" i hum in response closing my eyes as i slowly start to fall asleep.

"would you let me be your girlfriend?" a big smile breaks on my face as i pull back to look at jay, "be my girlfriend? i'm sorry i made you wait" i immediately nod jump on her in a big hug.

"hell yeah, i will be your girlfriend" i grin as i cup her face to press my lips to hers in a soft kiss.

"fuck yeah" she mumbles bringing me back into a slow kiss, just how i like it.

i melt against her lips as she falls back with me following, i pull away with a small laugh as her hands immediately fall down to my ass.