Emma's Pov (31)

"How am I gonna get to school now mum? I'm almost late for the test!" I cry hoping tears don't follow.

We're currently stranded on our way to school, mummy Joana volunteered to take me for my belated tests in her beetle car but the old rickety thing gave up on our way, crushing my hopes of getting to school on time.

Mr. White isn't one for patience. He might take out his disciplinary actions in my test scores and I don't want that.

"The mechanic shop is just a stone's throw from here, can you help me push the car there? he might be quick with the repair" Mum pleads, jiggling her keys in worry.

I know I shouldn't be hard on her at this point but I can't help it. If only Eric had waited for me before heading to Hawaii all these wouldn't have been so difficult. He would've had his driver take me for my test but he insisted his presence as the captain would make a huge difference, something about being part of the committee or whatever for the excursion. That was his excuse.

I didn't want to argue with him on that, I know he made efforts for things to work out better, like trying to get the doctor to clear me and requesting the timetables be moved forward to accommodate me.

Oh, he went far to purchase a plane ticket for me as well. Though without my permission but I forgive him for trying.

But since he left, I've not gotten any messages or calls as promised. It irks me sometimes that he may be enjoying Hawaii more than should and forgot his sick girlfriend.

"Hi Mrs. Eric," a dangerously familiar voice says from behind, I turn to see Einstein Hat in a black SUV Cadillac looking out of breath in his dark shades. I'm stunned at his sight, not wanting to give myself the pleasure of fawning over an enemy I look away.

He's shutting his car engine like he wants to help, I freeze wanting so dearly to make eye contact.

"Hi, Stein Stein" Mum responds happily betraying me, as usual.

He moves over to her as she rants about our family predicaments, way to go mum!

I decide not listening to the conversation will do me a great deal when I hear mummy Joana's thanks.

"Oh thank you so much, my dear, I need to get this car fixed before it gets me killed."

"No problem, he's on his way. He'll help you toll the car to his garage then, bye" he waves and goes around his car to open the passenger door for God knows why.

"Emma go ahead!" Mum yells nodding towards Einstein who's watching me like a hulk.

"What?!!... What's going on?"

"Dear, he's offered to drive you to school, you should go now or else you'd be late" she encourages, rushing over to a man alighting from a toll-van probably the mechanic himself.

I'm left alone with Einstein as Mum is helped by the shabby-looking man, they take the car to his shop.

"You'll be late for your tests" Einstein speaks quietly, gesturing with his hand. Putting back his dark shades he patiently waits for me to make a move.

I contemplate for a while and go for it since I don't have a single option. Praying he doesn't say a thing to me because I swear to anything I'll fight him.

The drive was so awkwardly quiet that I prayed we get there soon. His face as it's shielded, is the last thing I wanna look at. I'm not sure what I'll find there but his hard grip on the wheels is enough sign he doesn't like the silence as much.

Einstein is the last person I want to be around. In a space of two months, he has thrown my world upside down with his constant intimidation.

The head injury was the last straw. Any chances I had for us to be friends were dashed to the mud. I gave up on that after my recovery and avoided his apology messages. What would have been said anyways?