Chapter 1

Name: Arthit Rojnapath

Age: 32

Graduated from: Prachaya University of Medical Sciences.

Qualification: MD Neuroscience

Work Status: Neurologist in Prachaya Multispecialty Hospital

"Dr. Rojnapath is coming for rounds" An intern rushed to the Neurology department to announce this. And this sent a shiver of fear in not only nurses and staff but also in the patients.

If a new patient who doesn't know about Arthit, witnesses the scene now, where the nurse station is arranging already sorted files, interns are adjusting not only their attire but also cross-checking the patient's files in their tab.... they will think some monster is going to arrive. But they're wrong. Not completely, partially.

Arthit is the professor/Surgeon in the Neurology department who is known for his nature and talent. Let's start with Nature... he's precise, strict, and very particular about rules. He has no friends... not because he's not a good person but because he never makes an effort in any relationship. He has one aunt who's known for her mischievous nature even at the age of 48. Oh... I completely forgot, if we can consider machinery also as friends, then he has one. And it's Alexa. Yes, you read it right!! It's Amazon Alexa, a digital assistant. Starting from daily updates to ordering his meals, Alexa does everything.

Coming to his talents, he has many titles. Master of Words - he has the great talent of storytelling or explaining the facts/lectures in such a way that can make you hooked up to the seats for hours. He has a record of delivering a lecture for six hours without any interruption, not only from the speaker but also from the audience. But sadly, he uses that only while delivering lectures and doesn't use that with patients or to build any rapport with anyone. He's very firm with patients even after multiple warnings from the Head of Neurology, Dr. Ploy. But even she can't do much because... of course, Arthit is good at work. Just because he has a different way of dealing with patients, she can't lose a talented doctor.

Magic hands - Precision of hand movements in the Operation room. In his career of 10 years, there are only a few cases that were flat line... which is in his beginning of careers. His success record is something that he takes pride in. If Arthit took up any case, there's no doubt of success. This doesn't mean he only takes easy cases... he also takes the complex ones that everyone fears to take but only when he is confident enough to give the best in that treatment.

Arthit is not only a great asset to the Neuro Department but also to the entire hospital. He was offered the role in the hospital Governance but he declined stating the same reason that he doesn't want to be part of hospital politics.

"How's the patient's condition now?" Arthit is on daily rounds, looking after his patients.

"Better than yesterday. If things go like this, we can continue with the scheduled surgery i.e., tomorrow" Resident Aim reported.

Arthit's staff consists of Aim - a fourth-year resident, Praepalin - a Scrub nurse, Khaofang & Dae first-year resident who just joined Arthit's team.

After completing his rounds and assigning tasks to his team, he enters his cabin to take 10 minutes of power nap before going to the scheduled Operation

"Alexa, Play 'My Music'"

"Playing 'My Music' playlist for Arthit!!" A piece of subtle music started playing after Alexa's answer. Alexa is Arthit's first gift for himself.

Going back to the past, Arthit's parents are also doctors at the same hospital, Prachaya Hospitals. They, along with Arthit who joined to do some service during his summer vacation are coming back to Bangkok after three months of "Rural Health care Services", when they met with an accident and died on spot. But Arthit survived with multiple fractures and heavy internal blood loss. Paramedics who reached there were quite amazed how a twelve-year-old survived. Everyone has only one thought in their heads - This is a miracle.

Thanks to Arthit's parent's good deeds, there were always surrounded by only good people. Arthit never had an issue with money as his parents & grandparents left so much money that even Arthit's grandson's generation can eat without lifting a finger. Arthit's upbringing always taught him to be down to earth but his temper is something everyone is scared of. This came only after his parents' demise.

Though Arthit survived the accident, he lost 80% of his memory because of that. He remembered only a few moments with his parents from childhood that he can count with his fingers. Every day he used to come back to school thinking that his mother will pamper him only to remember that his parents are no more and in his mother's place, it was either his aunt, Krystal, or his nanny Sam.

His memory fluctuated like this till he was 15 which made him frustrated. But this never caused any problem with his studies. Like dreamt, he became a doctor like his parents and gave hope to a lot of patients who lost any chance in his life. And Krystal and nanny Sam always reminds Arthit that his parents are very proud of what he became today.

Arthit is the highest paid doctor in entire Thailand who donates every penny he earned to the "Emergency Services" of the same hospital. If he bought anything from his salary, that is Alexa... with his first month's salary as an Intern. Seeing his love for gadgets, Krystal, Arthit's Aunt started buying Alexa every time the new-gen of Alexa is introduced and Arthit happily receives it.

Krystal also bought a few robots for him but Arthit donated to the hospital as he wants people around him... not machines. And he definitely doesn't want to replace the staff that his mother recruited him. Few servants in his house are serving Arthit's family for generations.

Everyone knows that Arthit is very good at heart and only sometimes, does he gets unnecessarily strict and angry making people around him scared but other than that, he is a man with a golden heart!!

A/N: Please do let me know your thoughts on this.