Chapter 10

It's been two months since Kongpob and Maprang joined the hospital. Things are going extremely smooth and with time, Maprang somehow lost interest in Arthit. This made her focus shift to finding the actual culprit who's embezzling the hospital funds. If things go like this, in a week or two, she'll find whom she's looking for.

Her suspicions about Arthit's existence are also making her miffed because Kongpob and Arthit somehow started working together in most of the complex cases and if Arthit is not a human, it can create problems for Kongpob while his stay in the hospital.

"I couldn't see Dr. Siripool around" Arthit pointed out to Aim who replied that the other is on personal emergency leave for a week. 

"Personal Emergency?" Arthit asked making Aim nod as this is the only information he knows.

Kongpob looked fine while coming out of the OT. What else could be the reason?

"Handle Chiari Decompression on the patient on bed no. 5" Aim was taken back because a resident usually doesn't do these complex surgeries.

"Me?" Aim asked shockingly

"Yes... I will assist you" Arthit replied before leaving the other in a daze. Kongpob who just entered the ward smiled at the way Arthit is pushing Aim out of his comfort zone and giving him the experience he required without even stating the reason. Aim on the other hand is tensed.

Aim is not as ambitious as other doctors. He's someone who likes to go with a stable pattern but Arthit wants the other to be a bit more exploring.

Kongpob patted Aim's shoulder and encouraged the other stating "If he thinks, you can't handle, he won't let you lead. Give your best!!" Aim now understood what Arthit was doing and did a small bow acknowledging and thanking the other to show the different perspective which he couldn't see before.

🏥💘🩸😇💌

"Is Dr. Siripool doing fine?" Arthit asked Kongpob who's in the staff room, closed his eyes, relaxing a bit

"I didn't know you had an interest in Dr. Maprang" Kongpob replied without opening his eyes.

"What rubbish? I gave her the duty of three patients as she was desperate to work with me, two days later, left on leave. So, I was concerned about another fellow doctor for workload" Arthit defended himself making Kongpob chuckle.

"Aren't you both dating?" Arthit asked cautiously, praying the other won't misunderstand him as invading privacy.

"Though I very much like the concept of Office Romance, She's definitely not the one!! Maprang is my cousin" Kongpob replied

"Oh..." When Arthit saw Maprang and Kongpob together in an office, they decided to come up with a lie about being cousins to avoid any awkward or misunderstanding situations. But Arthit never raised that topic after that.

🏥💘🩸😇💌

After two weeks, Maprang succeeded to find the actual culprit, Dr. Amarin Saetang who's the director of the hospital. He wanted to use the funds to build a VIP block but when that was dismissed by Kongpob stating there shouldn't be any discrimination between patients, he took that rejection to his ego and started to do the things under the table.

Now, that the purpose is resolved, Maprang handed over her resignation stating the same Personal Emergency. Kongpob decided to stay back as it'll be suspicious to leave and extended his role as Neurosurgeon.

Kongpob's first specialization is in Emergency Medicine but he can handle almost all departments, given to has MD degrees in each department except Psychology and Psychiatrist.