Chapter 25

"Shall we Date?" Kongpob literally froze with that statement. The breathing exercise he practiced for decades just to make people believe that he is a human stopped suddenly. Arthit who was holding the other's hand sensed no movement in his body, stood up, and this time... they were face to face. Kongpob's looks are piercing.

"If this is any of your petty joke or prank-" Arthit kissed the other on his lips and stayed there for some time.

"Do you still think like that?" Arthit asked Kongpob who is still donning the same reaction.

"Why?"

"Why do I want to date you?" Kongpob nodded when Arthit clarified the question.

"I don't know" Kongpob loosened a bit but his facial expressions haven't changed.

"The worst reason I ever heard"

"But I am serious... I want to date you, If you're willing to"

"I need to know the reason first..."

"I feel something for you and I want to give this relationship... our relationship, a try"

"Fine... Pick a good place for our first date then!!" Kongpob replied before going back to his seat. 

"Before that, I have a condition!!" Arthit sat on the desk, facing Kongpob.

"What is it?"

"Stop taking up unnecessary work" Kongpob this time looked at Arthit not understanding what the other is implying. Seeing Kongpob's clueless face, Arthit clarified.

"You will not pick up any of the operations from other departments from now on. The only exception is when all doctors are busy and there's no other way to save the patient. Understood?"

"But I am already-"

"No... That's not what is happening now. Either you're trying to pacify me or you're not aware of what is happening behind" Kongpob frowned at this statement. As far as he knows, he's taking up the operations when it's an emergency. Then why the other is telling him like that?

Looking at Kongpob not convinced, Arthit tried to throw a logical stone "Ok... tell me, How emergencies were handled before you come into the picture?"

Right!! Why did he never think this before... why suddenly did the emergency operations start increasing. As far as he knows, every department deals in a certain way to deal with emergencies. It's not like war has broken and patients are dying because of a lack of doctors... 🤦🏻‍♂️

"Correct!! These people are using you. You don't know much about how doctors are when they work in Multispeciality hospitals. You have primarily worked with doctors who're genuine, naive, and service-oriented. But these doctors... search for the opportunity. Before making anything, people here search for the person to blame if things go wrong.

Now everyone is being nice to you because they need you. Have you ever heard about Ghost surgeries?" Kongpob shook his head as this word is unfamiliar to him. 

"How do you think the patient's guardian is giving consent to operate?" 

"You mean, they don't know I am operating on their family?" Arthit is not completely sure about this but he has seen enough of these things happening to guess what the current situation is.

"I am looking through it... I am not completely sure because you said you took Dr. Ploy's permission. But there are chances." Kongpob visibly got upset that his fellow doctors made him a fool. He was thinking that he's being a good doctor and colleague but behind him... they must be laughing at his back. Arthit with a gentle smile held Kongpob's hand.

"I know you're capable of pulling off any surgery, You have enough experience. But don't do that here. People here are unpredictable for you. God forbid if something goes wrong..." Arthit shuddered with the thought of how everyone will blame Kongpob and what will happen if things don't go in place.

"I promise... I won't accept any operations from other departments!!" Kongpob felt happy seeing Arthit's concern for him. Though nothing will happen to him even if things don't work out because he's the owner of this hospital and he picks up only those operations that he is confident of... but Arthit doesn't need to know.

It feels good to have someone who's concerned for us... I guess this is how it feels.

Kongpob smiled at this thought and Arthit replicated the same.

"Spend your time with your patients, research. if you still got some time, spend it with me... be with me. I may look a bit bored person but I guess..." Arthit couldn't complete. Because he himself doesn't know what people think about spending time in his company. So, he left it incomplete.

Kongpob's eyes caught the redness in Arthit's hands and fingers. 

"Did you have peanuts by any chance?" Kongpob asked, pulling up the sleeve to confirm what he was suspecting. Arthit's hands and neck are filled with red rashes all over. He's sure it would be the case throughout his body.

"Yes, Maybe the cookies Dr. May shared have peanuts in those." Arthit is clueless about what suddenly happened to both Kongpob and also to his body. He started examining while Kongpob is busy rummaging his drawer for something. He's sure it is the effects of allergy but he doesn't have any.

"Here... gulp this medicine. If this doesn't work, will give an injection" Arthit looked at the other with a frown who knows what is happening to him. So, he gulped the medicine as instructed with the help of the water Kongpob handed over.

"What happened to me?" Arthit asked, looking straight into his eyes.

"Food Allergy. You are allergic to peanuts, right?" Kongpob informed and started to sort out the medicine drawer that became a mess after his frantic search prior.

"Understanding the symptoms of Food allergy is something believable but how do you know I am allergic to peanuts? Even I didn't know" Kongpob finally understood what he did wrong. so, he stilled for a second.

"You... didn't know... you're allergic to peanuts?" Arthit shook his head in disbelief. All the time, it's his aunt who manages what he needs to eat, and primarily, he cooks for himself accordingly after he became an adult, so he might never encounter a situation in which he comes to know that he has a food allergy. He isn't fond of peanuts at all... so he never included that ingredient in his diet. But how come Kongpob knows about this?

"How do you know?" Kongpob can't answer the question Arthit is asking him. Then his bubble will burst and Arthit may run away far from him after knowing his true identity. 

"Why aren't you answering? How did you know about my food allergy?" Arthit's tone changed to more serious. Kongpob decided to confess no matter what can be the outcome.

"Actually---"

A/N: Will be waiting to read your comments. Please do vote, comment, and follow

 Please do vote, comment, and follow