Chapter 5

Kongpob and Ploy are seated next to each other. It's a simple auditorium with a capacity of 100 seats and every seat has a mic through which they can ask queries. Looking at the place, Kongpob guessed it must be an internal seminar where all department heads give their updates accordingly. 

This is the Right time to knock Dr. Jay

"If you don't mind, can I ask you something, Dr. Ploy?" Kongpob asked Ploy who is looking through her patient's updates in her tab. 

"Yes, Dr. Suthiluck" Ploy placed her tab back on the table and gave complete attention to her junior doctor with a smile on her face.

"How does Dr. Jay work? I mean... Before coming, I was... I passed by the emergency services..." Kongpob stopped struggling when he heard a deep sigh from Ploy.

"He's a good doctor but the way he works is somewhat toxic if I may use that word. We all know how busy the emergency department is. And every department has offered help... both directly and indirectly. But he is an ego-centric person from the beginning. And he declines to take help all the time. Even when he sees his residents literally becoming zombies because of tiredness, he never allows any other department to enter without his permission.

If a patient needs to be transferred to another department, his permission is required. Which is absurd. We have lost many patients' lives waiting for his approval"

"That's... inhumane" Kongpob can't believe all this is going on in his hospital.

"We know... but we can't say anything"

"Why?" Kongpob asked in a cold tone. But Ploy, unwavering by it, replied.

"He's Dr. Somchai Ayutthaya's son, One of the board members of this hospital" 

"Ok... I am asking why no action was taken on him!!" Kongpob didn't understand why Ploy is telling Jay's family details.

"That's the reason, Dr. Suthiluck. No one complained against him till now officially to take any action from hospital staff. The majority of patients of this hospital are from financially poor backgrounds and they don't take any action just to avoid any disturbance. One or two patients complained but it was settled with money. He's very young to be the head of any department. His qualifications don't match. Still, he became the head of the Emergency department and no one questioned him. If anyone defies his opinion, he makes a big fuss and humiliates them in front of everyone. So, all staff members chose to stay far from him instead of the counter. Unfortunately, one doctor from our department was in the same situation, And I couldn't do much other than keeping him away from the Emergency ward." Kongpob can sense the guilty in her eyes and tone.

Their discussion was interrupted by the speaker of the said conference.

"Good Evening everyone. Thank you for attending this conference to know about the updates of our Emergency ward...." Kongpob keenly observed and studied all the facts that were presented by Jay. While doing this, his eyes fell on other audiences who're not interested to know this... as if they already know what the other is going to tell.

Frowning, he looked at Ploy who was also not listening to it and is busy looking at the patient's records. Doubtfully, he opened the file of the previous month's records and it was almost the same... figures, cases, and income. Looking keenly at this month's records, he found out that there was no mention of the bus accident cases. 

How is it possible? I, Myself treated twelve ortho patients and 23 causalities. Then?

Kongpob can't tolerate this more. He buzzed the buzzer taking everyone's attention. Looking at the people's faces, they were all surprised by his action. But the speaker is like a talking parrot, who's not concerned about anything and continued to give his presentation. Annoyed, Kongpob buzzed continuously until Jay stopped talking.

"Yes?" He asked arrogantly.

"These reports are incorrect" Kongpob replied and this made everyone gasp in surprise.

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me. I want to know why you're presenting almost perfect figures which are incorrect by the way and wasting everyone's time" Kongpob asked and through his hearing sense, he heard a sweet chuckle which somehow assured him that what he's doing is correct. He can't turn immediately to see the person's face which might be awkward in the given situation.

"Who are you?"

This man... I will not let him wear a stethoscope again in his life.

"Newly appointed Neuro Surgeon and Professor in Prachaya Hospitals" Kongpob replied making Jay chuckle 

"How do you know these are incorrect? You just mentioned that you're new here"

"Because I have a brain, which I assume you don't" another chuckle was heard making Kongpob weak and just turn to see the face but he controlled.

"How dare you-"

"How dare YOU to waste everyone's time by presenting wrong details. According to the hospital records, there're 1200 admissions in just a week but you're telling 1000 admissions in a month. Like really? You're in charge of an emergency ward for god sake. At least lie in such a way that people believe it!!

Don't you know, doctor's time is the most precious one and utilized in a good way, it can save numerous lives?" Kongpob heard a low clapping sound from behind and if he can guess, it was from the same person who chuckled.

Embarrassed, Jay left the auditorium and Kongpob took it as a hint to grace the stage. He asked much-needed questions that no one dared to ask.

"Why has no one raised the same questions before? The hospital's main rule is 'No Hierarchy when it comes to questioning what is right'. Then why did no one spoke before?"

"Why does no one complain when so many patients died waiting for approval from the Emergency ward in charge which is absolutely not necessary?"

🏥💘🩸😇💌

With this stunt, everyone in the hospital is aware of the new entry into the hospital. 

Dr. Kongpob Suthiluck, Neurosurgeon.

Majority of the people are happy about his arrival while few... to be precise, the son and father duo Ayutthaya's are very angry about it. And to top their headache, they got a mail from the Chairman of Prachaya hospitals to dismiss Dr. Jay until all the allegations on his are cleared. 

To save his son, Somchai replied to the mail that he suspended Dr. Jay but the fact is he continued to roam in the hospital premises wearing his white coat. When Kongpob saw that, he ordered Maprang to visit the hospital and take necessary actions. In 10 minutes, Dr. Jay is out of the hospital and two weeks suspension to Somchai for lying about the dismissal of Dr. Jay.

Kongpob is in the elevator, going to meet everyone in the Neuro department for the first time when he got a call from Tew.

"Hello?"

"You're going to lose your first kiss!!" Tew replied holding back his excitement for his friend.

A/N: Waiting to read your comments on this!!