Chapter 23

Arthit and Kongpob got ready for the sightseeing program. Kongpob also rented a car so that it'll be easy to commute instead of public transportation. While leaving, they heard Woo Jin calling from behind

"Hyung!! Where are you going?"

"Ah... Sightseeing. Why?"

"Oh... When will you return?" Kongpob can see Woo Jin is already upset.

"Maybe late in the evening!! We have a flight at the midnight, right?" Arthit replied casually. He's not good at goodbyes.

"Oh..." Seeing Woo Jin upset and Arthit also becoming sad but not showing, Kongpob decided to take things into his hands.

"Let's change the plan!! Dr. Seo, You can spend time with your Hyung in the first half. P'Arthit, let's go sightseeing in the evening?" Arthit showed his dimpled smile and Woo Jin was visibly happy. Kongpob gave the car keys so that they can be at ease. Taking Woo Jin's place for the first half, Kongpob left to change the clothes and Woo Jin and Arthit left the premises towards the opposite side of the city. Kongpob assumed, that Woo Jin will be showing the other some inside beauties of the places he visited before.

Arthit is literally bumping in joy to spend some time with his favorite colleague who he already is considering as younger brother but never expressed it. Kongpob can be with Arthit after they go back to Bangkok but don't know when Woo Jin and Arthit will meet. So, he's happy to leave both of them together. One reason they have in common is both are extremely bad at expressing their feelings... but they synced so well. Irony.

Arthit and Woo Jin returned after having lunch at around 3 PM and Kongpob & Arthit's journey started.

"Where are we going?"

"Since we don't have much time... will stick to only one place?" Arthit nodded. He liked the idea.

Kongpob is riding the car whereas Arthit is humming to the music playing in the car. With a small smiles decorated in their places, their ride reached the destination - Vancouver Seawall

 With a small smiles decorated in their places, their ride reached the destination - Vancouver Seawall

It took them an hour's journey from their medical camp to Seawall. Arthit loved the place and the excitement on his face is a dead giveaway.

"I don't know what you prefer... so I chose this. You can go hiking, cycling, walking, or just sit and witnessing the beauty" Kongpob spoke and Arthit smiled showing off his dimples, a token of appreciation.

"I would prefer a small walk and sit once sunset time approaches?"

"Deal!!"

The seawall is one of the top tourist attractions of Vancouver. This is just a paved pathway for some 28 km around the city's waterfront making it a more scenic view than any of those busy streets and architecture. Just like Kongpob said, people experience this view by cycling, walking, hiking... it's a one-stop destination with many varieties. In a city known for mountains, the seawall is mostly flat, making it an easy ride or walk for those of all abilities and ages.

Kongpob and Arthit stopped at the Stanley park section to grab something to drink and did a small shopping as well. Kongpob loved the way Arthit is enjoying a complete free spirit mind. He never saw someone whose smile itself is breathtaking.

"Which one is the real you?" Kongpob asked when they stopped at the west side of the park and Arthit and Kongpob are enjoying the swing. Kongpob is just sitting but Arthit is enjoying the swing, trying to fly as much height as he can.

"When I am with you!" Arthit replied after stopping the swing movement to explain his answer. But that answer made Kongpob's heart flutter for the first time in his lifetime.

"I am a nerd!! Most of my life was spent in classes, and once inside the medical university, you know how things will be. Hospital, Operation Theatre, and Emergency room. And when we stay in a specific place for the majority of our life, subconsciously our mind and body constrict to those premises. That's why you saw a firm, strict and professional doctor inside the hospital.

But when I participate in Voluntary medical services, right? I live the way I actually am. No hierarchy to follow... no one to judge, new people, a new experience... I like this"

"Then why are you bounding yourself to just hospital?"

"Because that's where I belong to... While leaving this world, my parents took away my memories also. I remember nothing about how they used to be. I don't know what they expected their son to be. So, I want to be successful enough so that if they're actually watching me from up above" Arthit looked up at the sky before continuing, "They would be proud of me..."

"I think, your parents will be proud of you if you do what you actually want!!" Kongpob replied but Arthit just brushed it off with a reply and started swinging

"What do you know?" Kongpob didn't replied and just smiled. Actually he know

After having some snacks at the park, they decided to walk to the final destination... to view the sunset. They found a nice place where they can sit and enjoy the sunset. Both are having a beer and a little tipsy with the amount of beer and wine they consumed in the evening.

"I get a very few chances to view sunrise or sunset with the schedule, we, doctors have... but every time I witness, I feel something is missing" Arthit spoke making Kongpob frown and look at the other

"Missing?"

"Yeah... As if a very important piece of myself is missing... I was never able to enjoy it because of that feeling. But today..."

"Today?" Kongpob asked

"Today I don't have that feeling!! I am liking it... more like anticipating to view today" Kongpob remembered how in past, Arthit used to whine every time he woke the other up to view sunrise... and used to sleep in his lap while waiting for sunset.

Does he remember me?

Kongpob, in his tipsy mind, held Arthit's nape and made him turn towards him. This action made Arthit shocked but he was more shocked when Kongpob kissed him out of the blue. Arthit didn't kiss back as he was shocked by the sudden attack on his lips. Realizing what he did, Kongpob is about to distance but Arthit held Kongpob's collar and started kissing back. Both shared their second kiss, this time willingly, under the view of the sunset, completely experiencing a new feeling.

Kongpob hugged Arthit once they parted. Surprisingly, the other didn't object and continued to enjoy the warmth.

It might be the alcohol content in their bodies that made them move forward but it's not something they didn't want to... Kongpob is still in Arthit's memories and the other never forgot his Dr. Sunshine who used to run around him in the past.

Looks like it's time, Dr. Sunshine... to fulfill my promise!!

Kongpob smiled remembering little Arthit promising a lot of things in the past.

A/N: Will be waiting to read your comments. Please do vote, comment, and follow

 Please do vote, comment, and follow