Chapter 16

"When did you decide that you'll join the medical school?" One of the nurses asked a first-year resident who came to check on a patient.

"My parents decided!!" The other replied

"And you agreed?" The first-year resident nodded with a reply.

"I didn't had anything in my head, so decided to give it a try and succeeded" Everyone chuckled at the lame reply. Before they can continue, Arthit came to the nurse's station asking for the patient's chart. When he got busy modifying the charts, Prae asked the same question.

"Dr. Rojnapath?"

"Hmmm"

"When did you decide that you'll become a doctor?" Arthit stopped in between and started to think. Looking at their doctor thinking hard for a simple question made others look at each other. 

"I don't remember. It just happened"

"Huh?"

"I knew subconsciously that I have to be a doctor... maybe" Arthit tried to explain but others' comical facial expressions made Arthit smile.

"When I was 12, I lost my parents and childhood memory in an accident. I guess I decided before that time that I wanted to be a doctor!!" Arthit, for the first time, shared his story and everyone became upset. Series of sorry's started flooding but Arthit shrugged it with a smile.

"We can never guess about the other's life through his outer appearance!!" Prae commented making everyone nod.

🏥💘🩸😇💌

Kongpob and Arthit are lazing around in the staff lobby with other residents when Ploy rushed into the room, startling the others.

"Sorry but there's an emergency!!" Everyone stood up to run, out of habit when the word 'Emergency' reaches their ears.

"No no... not everyone. Only Dr. Kongpob and Dr. Rojnapath" Both looked at each other not understanding the situation.

"There's an earthquake in Vancouver. Because of the cold weather, there're more chances of spreading infectious diseases. We have already sent second-year GS(General Surgeon) residents from our hospital but with passing time, patients are increasing and they need someone experienced.

Dr. Kongpob, You have experience in these kinds of situations. Take Dr. Rojnapath also, he'll be helpful!!" Arthit and Kongpob nodded.

"How are we going?"

"Administration department is looking at the ways-"

"Dr. Ploy, Can I talk to you in person?" Kongpob asked and Ploy nodded, leaving the room.

"When will you be ready?" Kongpob asked Arthit who looked at the watch.

"I can ask someone to pack my bag. Utmost an hour" Arthit replied

"Good... do it!! And once prepared, let me know. Don't leave hospital premises for now" Arthit didn't understand why but given the situation, he agreed.

"What is it, Dr. Kongpob?"

"Will it be fine if we can use my private jet?" Kongpob asked Ploy. Both are in Ploy's cabin 

"Yeah... Yeah. I can talk to Admin team" Ploy got surprised when she heard that the young doctor owns a jet.

"Thanks. And Can I ask you to keep it a secret? I don't want others to know about this!!" 

"Sure... Sure"

"Thanks" Kongpob ran out of the cabin to make necessary preparations to fly to Vancouver.