Chapter 30

**Continuation Of flashback

"P'Kong" Arthit tugged Kongpob's shirt, calling for his attention. Kongpob saw Arthit and bent down to meet Arthit's eye level.

"What is it, Mister?" Kongpob asked teasingly. Arthit giggled before asking

"I heard you saying to a patient that walking in the evening time is a good habit" Kongpob nodded and then Arthit showed his palm. Confused, Kongpob looked at the other questioningly.

"Then let's start a good habit from today"

"Huh?"

"You said taking a walk in the evening time is a good habit. Then let's go for a walk" Arthit asked, tilting his head a little. Kongpob laughed at the other's cute expressions before holding a small hand and they started to walk to an undecided destination, but not before taking permission from the Rojnapaths.

The saga of little Arthit finding reasons to spend time with a young Doctor i.e., Kongpob continued every day and Nina & Jake could see it clearly. But they didn't mind it. If their son is liking someone's company, there's nothing wrong with it.

🏥💘🩸😇💌

After a few days, in the evening time, everyone is wrapping up for the day and at the corner, Kongpob is helping Arthit finish his homework when suddenly there is a gunshot sound. The first thing, Kongpob did is to shield Arthit but the other could still see what is happening. He's terrified by seeing a dangerous man holding a gun. 

He started to threaten the staff to hand over expensive medicines, especially narcotic-induced medicines to him so that he can get money from them. A staff member tried to sneak out to attack him but the man saw it and shot the staff in his leg. Screams of fear started to increase and Arthit started to cry. Kongpob is silently trying to pacify the young lad because he didn't want the dangerous man to know that there's a kid here.

"Nothing will happen... I am here... with you. Calm down"

While Kongpob is talking to Arthit to calm him down, there was another gunshot and they looked to see the local police shot the man. Kongpob asked Arthit to stay there and ran to check on him.

Arthit got angry when he saw Kongpob giving instructions to one of the nurses to bring the kit to treat the patient. And he rushed toward Kongpob and hit him on Kongpob's shoulder.

"Why are you treating him? He's a bad man!!" Kongpob frowned first and then smiled. He opened his arms and Arthit hugged the other.

"You know I am a doctor, right?" Kongpob asked making Arthit pout and break the hug.

"I'm not dumb. Of course, I know" Arthit replied.

"You know what is doctor's duty?"

"Saving a patient, duh!!" Arthit cutely replied making others chuckle, long forgotten the stress they were minutes before. The staff member who's injured was taken to the hybrid room along with the man who was holding a gun, to get them ready for treatment. Jake and Nina were not in the medical camp as they went to the city to get some supplies. So, Arthit is temporarily Kongpob's responsibility.

"Yes... saving a patient. And a patient is someone who needs medical help, irrespective of their status... poor, rich, good, bad, kind, rude. We, doctors, don't see any of those and just save the patient. We took an oath before wearing this white coat."

"Oath?" Arthit questioned with curious eyes.

"Hmmm... An oath is a promise that doctors take. 'I will use treatment to help the sick according to my ability and judgment, but I will never use it to injure or wrong them. I will not give poison to anyone though asked to do so, nor will I suggest such a plan.'" Arthit nodded while trying to grasp the entire thing Kongpob is trying to understand