Chapter 28

Aim managed to get both the senior doctors to the Neuro Department. Though it's not a secret about the tiff between the two but other doctors don't have to witness their argument. He also called Dr. Ploy, just in case, he failed to calm the doctors.

He is experienced in handling Arthit's temper but not Kongpob and this time, his temper has crossed the boundaries it seems. Aim also observed how they both started to get along with each other... but looks like, it's not strong enough😫😫

"Both of you calm down. When will you learn to handle the situation calmly?" Ploy spoke while coming in but Arthit and Kongpob are head-on with each other. There's a disappointing look in Kongpob's eyes that's hurting Arthit more. But he's helpless here. He can't operate on a patient without consent. It's like suicide for his medical career. Even if he wants to save the patient but it's not in his hands.

"I believe this kind of situation is not new. How it was handled before?" Kongpob asked Ploy who is also a bit scared now.

"It's the first time for our department, Dr. Kongpob. Surgeries in our department majorly deal with pre-planned surgeries and even if the patient doesn't have a guardian, they, themselves sign the consent papers. Emergency Department can perform some treatments without consent but that also has a limit" Ploy explained as calmly as she could.

"I can't believe we're not treating a patient just because he's an orphan" Kongpob mumbled in anger and it reached all the three people in the room. Right on time, Aim's phone pinged with a message.

"Actually..." Aim started to hesitate

"What is it?" Arthit asked in a cold tone.

"Patient's classmate arrived" With this line, hope started to rise only to get shattered

"But he is not willing to provide consent"

"WHAT?" Arthit shouted this time in disbelief

"He's also a 19-year-old like the patient and his parents are out of town. He doesn't want to get into risk signing the consent. 

"Unbelievable. If he does nothing, his friend will die" Arthit shouted but no one responded. 

"Who will be operating for GS?" Kongpob asked making everyone look at him.

"Dr. Prem" Kongpob left followed by Ploy, Arthit, and Aim. They're more scared of what Kongpob is thinking. If Arthit's assumptions are right, his boyfriend can fall into a big mess. And he can't let that happen.

🏥💘🩸😇💌

Kongpob is explaining the situation to Prem who will be the operating surgeon after Neuro is done with the operation. 

"Fine... Let's do it!!" Prem spoke while clapping his hands.

"What?"

"Don't worry, Dr. Prem. I will take responsibility for this if something goes wrong-"

"Let's not worry about taking responsibility, instead let's give our best to secure the young ones' future" Prem interrupted Kongpob and both shared a smile.

"Kongpob, let's talk" Arthit spoke and before Kongpob can reply, Arthit dragged the other to the staircase. Other doctors in the room were shocked by how Arthit is addressing and dragging the other out. And to their surprise, Kongpob is being dragged away.

"Dr. Rojnapath, I need to prepare for surgery" Kongpob spoke in a formal tone.

"Kong, this is not right!! What if something goes wrong-" Arthit tried to explain his point of view but Kongpob interrupted the other.