Chapter 24

Kongpob and Arthit are back in Thailand, resuming their roles in Prachaya Hospitals. Both didn't initiate to clear the things between them about what happened in Seawall. Through their interaction, even the Neuro department sensed a different kind of awkwardness between them, and their cold war is long forgotten.

Did something happen in Vancouver?

This is the same question everyone has and no one has the guts to ask them because Kongpob somehow became distant from the staff. He started to act more like Arthit - Firm and straight whereas Arthit became a bit... a very little gentle towards the staff and patients.

"Did you two swap your characters or souls?" Prae asked between the operation making Arthit glare and reply "Focus on the patient!!" Though Prae is a scrub nurse, she is close to Arthit compared to other staff members, given the time they spent as a team.

"I am taking leave tomorrow!!" Prae informed after sighing to Arthit's prior comment

"Why?"

"It's my love anniversary!!" Prae informed while giving the gauge to Arthit. The operation is almost done, so he asked the first assistant to wrap and left the OT followed by Prae.

"It's already been a year?" Arthit asked while walking towards the changing room

"Yeah... What about you?"

"Me?"

"Yeah... When are you planning to date?" Arthit stopped in his tracks making Prae bump him as she was closely following Arthit.

"Ouch... my nose" Prae whined in pain but Arthit is already spaced out. Arthit is remembering the kiss with Kongpob whom he met only a few times after resuming their work. It's already been three weeks but they hardly meet.

"What happened?" Arthit started walking again after a deep sigh.

"Why? Is it complicated?"

"There should be something before declaring it complicated" Arthit left after his vague reply. It's the first time Arthit felt something about another person. Not only love but also friendship, and emotional support. He never expected anything from any relationship, because he's afraid of losing. Of course, His aunt, Krystal is an exception... as she's the only person whom Arthit can call a family.

Arthit is not as confused as first-timers, he wants to try but at the same time, he's also scared... scared of having expectations from a relationship. He's more scared of losing Kongpob... Though subconsciously, he feels a sense of familiarity in him. Connection is there or not, but with him, he gets his memories back from the past. So, he's sort of conflicted and now, angry at Kongpob for avoiding him like a plague. If not as a friend like before, but he deserved to be treated as a colleague at the least.

🏥💘🩸😇💌

"Where is Dr. Kongpob?" Arthit asked at no one in particular. He's currently at the nurse's station, reviewing the patient's chart.

"He's in OT, Dr. Rojnapath" May informed, a bit scared.

"OT?" Arthit frowned before looking at the OT log and there is none scheduled in Neuro Department.

"I can't see any active operations-"

"He's in General Surgery Operation theatre, Dr. Rojnapath"

"GS?" May nodded and Arthit looked at others who were scared as hell.

"Why is he in GS OT?"

"There was an emergency and all doctors were busy, so he took that up" Arthit didn't give the expected reaction, making everyone sigh in relief after he left.