Chapter 15

"Eye drops can only work to some extent" Kongpob spoke. He came inside Arthit's room to find the other trying to use eye drops on himself. Seeing the other struggle, Kongpob snatched the eye drops from Arthit's hands.

"Why are you here?" Arthit asked rudely but Kongpob just shook his head. He's sort of used to Arthit's way.

Without answering, Kongpob held the other's cheek with his thumb and index finger to tilt the other's head backward more.

"You talk too much" Kongpob toned down his voice and replied before leaning more on Arthit. Arthit is a bit surprised and felt differently about sudden proximity but didn't let it show on his face. Arthit can smell Kongpob's cologne and he's liking it.

Kongpob gently pulled Arthit's eyelid down and squeezed two drops of eye drop in his eyes.

"Close your eyes for some time" Kongpob instructed and the other silently listened to it. Arthit is not admitting that Kongpob's presence and proximity are making Arthit feel different... something that he never felt before. Maybe that is one of the reasons why he always pick fights with him even though there're some instances when he knew is not required, just to get some of his attention.

"When was the last time you had proper food?" Kongpob asked but Arthit didn't reply.

"To treat your patients, you should be in good condition. Humans need food, and most importantly proper sleep. Don't ignore these for your personal reasons. This way, you're putting your patient's life in danger" Kongpob explained. Currently, he's sitting on the chair next to Arthit.

"Humans? What are you, Devil?" Arthit asked, about to open his eyes when Kongpob placed his right hand on Arthit's eyes

"Keep your eyes closed." Arthit listened to him and didn't swat the other's hand from his face. 

"I have applied for two days' leave for you-" Arthit started to protest but Kongpob's other hand squeezed Arthit's left hand with his.

"Don't argue and listen to me. Don't make people around you worried." 

"You're also worried about me?" Arthit asked making Kongpob speechless. He has seen Arthit roaming in the hospital as a machine but having no rapport between them, he decided not to meddle. But when Aim came to him, he couldn't stop himself.

"This is the first time I am seeing you not replying. Or else, you always have answers to every question. Drive me home and be on night duty for today. " More than a request, it sounded like an order.

🏥💘🩸😇💌

Kongpob and Arthit are outside the latter's house parking area. It's already 7 PM, so the streets are less busy.

"Is this where you live?" Kongpob asked making Arthit nod with an obvious one

"I stay with my Aunt, Krystal but on different floors... almost like two different houses, just to give her privacy. She has... a different lifestyle than mine"

 a different lifestyle than mine"