Chapter 18

Kongpob is in the OT, isolated checking on the patient's vitals. Luckily the recovery of the patient's health is not affected because of the virus attack but he's still unconscious. He had already checked everything and the Infectious department informed him that terrible unconsciousness is a rare symptom of West Nile virus. So, he rests assured.

Kongpob is changing the drip of Saline when suddenly the phone rang making Kongpob startle. In this mess, his watch hit the sharp edge of the bed lever and broke down.

"Aishhh!!! What to do now?" Kongpob is looking at the way to fix the watch though he knows... it's impossible to do. It is designed by Tew in such a way, that if it gets dismantled once, everything inside will corrupt. Including the software and hardware for safety purposes

Kongpob picked up the phone and called Tew to inform the current situation. 

It'll take a minimum of two days to send this to where you're currently. Let me check with our Vampire delivery services to check what can be done.

This is the reply he got from Tew. Vampire delivery services is the service that delivers blood, devices or any other secretive items to another vampire. They can't let humans see what they're dealing with or else their game is over. They'll be found in no time and either be locked or used for research purposes or destroyed.

Kongpob's phone rang again and this time, it was the culprit who destroyed his watch

"Open the north door of OT" Arthit directly instructed instead of greeting first

"Hello to you too..." Kongpob sarcastically replied before following the instructions.

"Wow... I didn't know this!!" Kongpob spoke after seeing Arthit through the glass wall. He didn't know there is a room behind OT. He could already see a small container sort of thing where a meal box is already there.

"Beer?" Kongpob shook his head making Arthit shrug. He can't be tipsy when he's sole in charge of a patient. He has a very less alcohol tolerance level that's why he always prefers wine. 

"Why didn't you wear a protection suit?" Kongpob asked in a stern tone.

"Woo Jin said it's not required!!" Arthit replied with a pout

"Woo Jin?"

"Yeah... Dr. Seo, General Surgeon"

"Ah... but still I told you to always wear gloves!!" Just like before, Arthit shrugged this time also.

"I didn't know about this route... or else I would've come sooner. " Arthit replied casually.

"No issues. I am used to these isolations. By the way, any flat lines today?" Arthit shook his head in denial making Kongpob sigh in relief.

"Come... let's eat" Both sat on the floor on either side of the room and Arthit started to give updates on what all happened throughout the day

"Don't tell about this... place to... anyone"  Arthit said making Kongpob frown

"Just because!! But if you want to meet someone else specifically... you can" Kongpob just hummed in reply

"How's the patient?" 

"So far so good..."

"I wanted to do an open appendectomy... but you stole my chance" Arthit spoke Once they were done with dinner.

"Not in Internship?" Arthit shook his head before replying

"I always wanted to be in Neuro so even in the internship I concentrated on the cases more from Neuro and learned only basics of other departments as a formality.

But when I started doing voluntary services, I regretted not focusing on GS. Though, later on, I tried to study as much as I can but never was confident enough to be a first assistant in GS. 

That's why when Woo Jin offered, I said yes. But you took my chance" Kongpob chuckled at the way Arthit made face at the end. 

Two days of Kongpob in isolation went like this, every time Arthit gets some time, he comes and visits Kongpob, talking about medical camp to some extent of personal life. Though it was mainly focused on their medical career, their relationship developed from a strictly professional to a friend. 

Once results are out about the virus, this time Ohm beat Arthit to deliver this news and ran towards Kongpob to inform him that Kongpob is not affected whereas the patient is positive.

Kongpob didn't show any sort of happiness as he already knew this. No virus can attack the strongest immune system a vampire has. That's why, beforehand, he carried the blood sample from the blood bank to show it as the samples from his body.

"Where's Dr. Rojnapath?" Ohm visibly got upset that Kongpob didn't show any reaction whereas he is super excited to meet Kongpob after two days. These two days, Woo Jin kept him extremely busy and left him only to have small breaks to have food or sleep.

"He's in his room!!" Ohm replied making Kongpob nod and left to his barrack. He needs to be careful till he gets his watch back or else people will get suspicious of his cold body temperature. So, he took large steps to reach but luck is not on his side.

Just before he entered the alley where his room is, he collided with Arthit who was running to reach the medical camp and Arthit fell on Kongpob.

"P'Arthit!!" Kongpob mock groaned in pain.

"Sorry... I was in rush. It was an emergency. By the way, negative?" Arthit asked lying in the same position and Kongpob smiled before nodding. Arthit sighed in relief. 

Ohm who came in search of Arthit saw both the doctors lying on the floor and smiling at each other.

"Take rest for today!!" Arthit spoke and Kongpob again nodded with a smile.

"I will... if you get up and let me go"

"Oops... " Arthit, with a cute face apologized and got up from Kongpob. He voluntarily took Kongpob's hand to make him get up but flinched when he felt ice cold in contact.

Kongpob fumbled and got up before leaving without saying anything. Arthit looked at Kongpob's retreating back and looked back at his hand which is still numb with contact.

A/N: Will be waiting to read your comments. Please do vote, comment, and follow

 Please do vote, comment, and follow