Chapter 4

Kongpob stepped his foot in the hospital which was inaugurated 99 years before. He still remembers when Suchirit asked him about his goal when he received his first Ph. D Degree and Kongpob mentioned the hospital. A hospital where patients' health is on top priority, not the money they bring. No poor should return from the hospital from getting treated just because they don't have enough money. Not everyone is lucky to encounter a kind doctor like Suchirit.

There are around 500 schemes to help poor, needy people to get treated. When this hospital was inaugurated, medical facilities were not of advanced level, so their priority was to get the best technology on board. According to the International hospital federation, Prachaya Hospital is one of the top 3 hospitals that has the most advanced technology equipped. Almost 40 scientists work for Prachaya Hospitals actively in the development of medical sciences. And, this is also one of those hospitals whose emergency services fund never falls short. They have multiple patent rights on the name of the hospital.

Now, that is fulfilled, he has his godfather's dream to fulfill. And that is Organ Donation hospital. Suchirit asked Kongpob to promise that in the 100th year of the hospital, an Organ donation wing needs to be opened. But it costs more than a fortune and thousands of approvals from multiple places. Money was not the problem, getting approvals legally without any corruption was the issue here. So, it took him a year to get all the necessary signatures and when it was ready to get opened, some shark wants to use that for their power play!! Kongpob can't let that happen.

If he questions directly, which he can as he's the legal owner of the hospital, again a small fish will be thrown in his way and the real shark will slip off. So, he had to come as an employee here and observe things.

🏥💘🩸😇💌

Kongpob believes that if anyone wants to see how a hospital functions, then go to "Emergency Services". That is the place where doctors have to be swift, responsible and have no room for mistakes. Almost 70% of what a resident learns is in the emergency room. Diverse medical problems - More scope of knowledge.

With a small smile on his face, he walked towards the emergency room to find it extremely noisy. Paramedics are getting more and more patients and only five residents are taking care of everything. Kongpob's eyes widened to see the condition of the service that is crucial to every patient.

Before he could scold someone his eyes fell to the nurse station. Every single staff member's face is showing expressions of worry, frustration, and tiredness. But only one doctor, who seems like an in-charge, is calmly standing there and watching videos. He approached the station to understand the situation more and at that exact time, a second-year resident called the in-charge doctor.

"Dr. Jay, let's take help from other department doctors. we got a call that a bus just now fell from the slippery road and almost 40 more patients are coming. We won't be able to handle-" Before the poor resident can complete the sentence, Dr. Jay yelled at the resident.

"How many times I told you, emergency services is ours... Emergency Medicine Department. We will diagnose the patient and according to the condition, we... WE will assign them to a particular department. So, do your work properly." Resident not knowing what to do, hanging his head low, walked off. Kongpob got angry and was about to scold Jay when a scream from the patient distracted him.

Like a responsible doctor, he rushed to find a patient screaming with pain because of a leg injury. He started checking and giving instructions to the nurse for the said treatment. Emergency Department is in such a mess that no one... not a single staff member questioned Kongpob for the authority to treat patients for two hours. But there's one person, standing in the corner, keenly observing Kongpob's every move.

🏥💘🩸😇💌

"Hello, Dr. Ploy. I'm Dr. Kongpob Suthiluck, Newly appointed Neuro Surgeon." Kongpob handed the required documents to Dr. Ploy, head of the Neurology department. She's known as the kind doctor who maintains a good rapport with patients, staff, and doctors. And the coincidence is, that she's also one of the juniors of Suchirit Suthiluck and like many, she also idolizes Suchirit.

This was confirmed when her eyes shined to see the Father's name column in the resume. 

"You're Dr. Suchirit's son?"

"Yes, Dr. Ploy" Kongpob proudly replied with a smile. He may not be the blood-related son of Suchirit Suthiluck but legally, he is. It was Dr. Suchirit's decision to adopt Kongpob after his mother's demise. Suchirit wanted Kongpob to feel that he also has a family and also he didn't want to face any legal fuss when he wants to transfer his properties to Kongpob after he was gone. Only Tew and Maprang know this. Other than them, everyone thinks that Kongpob is Suchirit's own son given the expertise Kongpob possesses. It almost matches Dr. Suchirit's level.

"I am looking forward to working with you" Ploy is someone who doesn't set any expectations about anyone. Only after seeing their work, does she make an impression. She has given a lot of residents a second chance to prove themselves. She always condemned the famous saying - The first impression is the best impression. She believes that "A Person's work ethics say how responsible, knowledgeable and mannered, the person is". Anyone can make mistakes in the first time, but the right person is the one who rectifies them and doesn't repeat the same again. 

But in the case of Kongpob, unconsciously she had a lot of expectations from him, seeing his resume, and there'll be no doubt about his work ethic because of his teacher/father.

"We have a conference in 10 minutes by Dr. Jay Ayutthaya. Why don't you join? I'm sure it'll help in understanding more about the hospital." Ploy asked making Kongpob frown.

"If I am not wrong, he's the one who's in charge of the Emergency Department, right?" Kongpob asked and Ploy nodded in reply.

"Then I would love to join." Kongpob's evil smile started appearing slowly on his face that Ploy completely missed.

A/N: Waiting to read your comments!!