Chapter 14

Arthit is getting ready to leave for home when Aim and Prae's conversation caught his attention.

"Dr. Suthiluck is treating her?" Prae asked making Aim nod

"Dr. May is with him and according to her, there're almost no chances. Maybe 5%"

"Poor thing!! She's such a young girl to die soon!! Dr. Rojnapath know?"

"What should I know?" Arthit asked

"That...Dr. Suthiluck... May..."

"Stop stuttering and say it clearly" Arthit shouted making Prae blurt out, closing her eyes in fear

"Your patient is admitted to the Emergency ward"

"Who?" Arthit frowned

"Ms. Millie" Aim replied this time

"WHAT?" Arthit ran towards the emergency ward like a crazy man, dashing at the people coming on his way, not caring about anything. May tried to stop him as per the instructions by Kongpob but Arthit didn't care. Aim who saw the struggle between them blocked May and let Arthit enter inside.

🏥💘🩸😇💌

The first thing Arthit saw is Millie's smile and then the beep sound. Normally, a beep sound is not new for him... He's one of those doctors who's been more in OTs and Emergency wards than in his home. But for the first time, including the panic rising in his body, he also felt the heart-dropping making him lightheaded.

But he has no time for that and her pulse is dropping every second.

Arthit ran towards Millie and started doing chest compressions

"I...2...3...4

1...2...3...4

"What are you doing standing there? Get the defibrillator" Arthit shouted at Kongpob who is standing there with a grim expression and also didn't respond. 

"Stop it!!" Kongpob spoke in a small tone. May, Aim also came inside after hearing code blue tone

"Dr. Rojnapath, stop it!!" Kongpob spoke again but a bit louder than before. But Arthit is not listening to anything and continued to do chest compressions, attempting to get her back to life.

"ARTHIT!!" Kongpob dragged the other out of the bed and replied "She signed DNR. Let her go"

"But-"

"Let. Her. Go"

"Are you really a doctor? Asking me to let her die?" Arthit shouted back at Kongpob.

"I am a doctor who does what the patient wants. And she wanted the dignity of death. When you couldn't give her what she wanted before then don't do it now also. Stick to your character for god's sake" With that he left leaving everything and Tew followed. 

Arthit stood there watching Millie taking her last breath and tears never stopped falling from his eyes. Through distance, as usual, Aim stayed by his side with no questions asked. May left when she saw Arthit crying.

🏥💘🩸😇💌

Kongpob came back home after he performed the organ transplant operation on Millie. He doesn't know why but that girl left an impression on his heart!! Good... bad or whatever it is... he's not sure but he desperately wanted her to live.

"All done?" Kongpob nodded with a bitter chuckle followed.

"I thought after attending multiple funerals of the people around me... I became insensitive but when I saw her face in the operation theatre for the last time, I felt useless!!"