Chapter 6

"You're going to lose your first kiss!!"

After Tew delivered the message, he didn't wait for Kongpob to react and just hung up the call. Kongpob is inside the elevator going to meet the Neuro department(Seventh floor) for the first time. After yesterday's stunt, staff who were passing by are greeting subtly with small smiles and a little bow but no one came forward to befriend. 

Having nothing to do, he thinks of what Tew said... 

First kiss? Me? Who can it be? 

I haven't felt anything special when I came to this hospital... maybe a patient? 

Who's the one chuckling yesterday when I was talking?

The elevator stopped on the third floor and a young man wearing a doctor's coat and stethoscope tucked inside the coat entered. Kongpob was busy with thoughts running in his mind, so he didn't pay much attention to it but the person who entered is looking at the reflection of Kongpob through the slightly reflective elevator doors.

Exactly on the fifth floor, Elevator stopped and the young man exclaimed "Not again!!" before pressing the "🔔" button.

"What do you mean 'Not Again?' Is it common?" Kongpob asked suppressing the panic. Kongpob has fear of closed doors...slightly claustrophobic.

"Yeah... This elevator has some undetected problems. Every time a mechanic comes and repairs it... after two-three days, again same old. Stops midway. That's why this was allocated only for staff. Don't worry, the staff is well aware of this issue. In about three-five minutes, help will be coming!!"

"Three or five minutes?" For the first time, the Young man turned back to look at Kongpob's face directly to conclude his suspicion of panic in Kongpob's voice.

"Three minutes? By the way, Hi!! I am Dr. Arthit Rojnapath" Arthit knows the best way to cure the panic is to diversion. So, he introduced himself and walked back to where Kongpob is standing, leaning on the support rod.

"He... Hello" 

"I was there yesterday when you were countering Jay" Arthit tried to keep up the conversation

"From when you're working in this hospital?" Kongpob asked looking straight into Arthit's eyes.

"From the beginning. I graduated from the same university and started my career here only" Arthit replied showing a bit of a proud expression.

"Then why you never speak about it? Scared of him?" Kongpob's tone came out as mocked and Arthit didn't like it for two reasons. To get mocked and to ask whether he was scared of Jay. Out of all the people, Jay. His biggest nemesis.

"Why will I be scared of him? Jay and Me never crossed paths." Arthit replied in a high-pitched voice. They did... once when he was the in-charge of the Emergency ward once and their clash became the talk of the hospital. 

At that time, Jay and Arthit had different views on treating a specific patient. And knowing Arthit well, Jay provoked Arthit in such a way (With a lot of personal and below-the-belt comments) that Arthit forgot about the surroundings and lost cool. He was also suspended for causing a ruckus in front of the patients by none other than Jay's father. Everyone knows it's not only Arthit's fault, but it was Jay's also. As expected, no one stood for Arthit and he was just a resident at that time, having nothing to do, Arthit had to sidestep without saying anything. Dr. Ploy from then on didn't assign him to any emergency ward duties till date.

After knowing the entire fiasco, Krystal took over the role of Deputy director after her brother, Jake Rojnapath(Arthit's father). But Arthit always kept himself away from situations where he might need anyone's help.