25. c'est paris bébé

Brown eyes are just brown eyes until you love someone with brown eyes.

Kriti's P.O.V

The sunlight beamed right on my face making me groan and wake up. My hand instantly went up towards my eyes because of the bright light. I waited a little bit so that I could adjust and once I did, my eyes glanced towards the sleeping beauty next to me...Naman. Haha! He looks adorable.

Memories of last night came to my mind and I realised how understanding he was when I opened up about my anxiety.

I opened my phone and saw that it was 10:24 a.m., I checked the weather from the near window and it was sunny, obviously.

I was contemplating whether to wake him up or not and I thought of freshening up first. So, I got up and did my morning business. After that, I sat on the bed next to his sleeping self and caressed his hair.

When my fingers came in contact with his oh-so-perfect hair, I felt as if I am touching the softest thing on the planet. I have to ask him what shampoo does he use and I am lowkey jealous.

While I was caressing his silky hair, I felt him move and soon enough, he opened his eyes. He looked up, directly at me & smiled. And that smile, my lord, was breathtaking.

I mean how can someone, possibly, look so charming even when they have just woken up?

“I can get used to waking up like this.” He said in his husky morning voice.

Stop it. It's making me feel things.

I was at a loss of words and before I could pressure my brain to think of an answer, my husband pulled me in towards him. I was on top of him but he switched our position in an instant.

His hazel eyes were piercing into mine. We had the same eye colour, hazel.

We were in that moment as if there's nothing else left, as if it's just us in the entire world, as if time has paused.

We came out of our la la land when his phone went off. He groaned making me chuckle and picked up the call.

“What?” He spoke to the other person irritatedly.

“I don't care, do whatever. I'm on a holiday with my wife and I'd like to enjoy that at the moment.” He said after receiving a response from the other side and hung up.

“It may have been important, Naman.” I said.

“Well that 'important' thing can fuck off right now because we have a long day planned.” He said with his expressions changing from annoyed to excited in literally a snap of fingers.

We decided to get ready and go out for breakfast to a local café and tryout some authentic French food.

I wore a white tennis skirt with a white top and an off white cardigan over it along with my white converse.