Round 3 Write: Feel at Home in a Place That Shouldn't Be Real

—————The Story—————

Welcome to Round 3, contestants! For today's challenge, it's come to my attention that there have been some concerns about living in a strange apartment building in a giant floating stadium ten thousand feet above the sky.

I understand that some of you might feel a bit homesick, which is why I'm going to let you guys relax a little bit for this one. We can take a little break from the craziness, after all—it's no big deal.

—————The Challenge—————

There's only two things each of you have to do. First, you have to decorate your room in a way that feels like your home. I think some of you may have done this already, so that's nice. If you have roommates, even better!

For the next part, you'll be standing in the center of the pitch with me and everyone else as an audience. Your second task is to show us a tradition, artifact, or something similar from your home. You guys are from a lot of different places, so it would be nice to see the antics your objects get up to when they're alone. (Canonically, you're going to go in the numbered contestant order, which I'm sure you're all familiar with by now.)

—————The Rules—————

• You must write a story detailing the decorations of your room, as well as a presentation of one of your object's traditions, artifacts, etc. from home.

• You can write about practically anything in your story (pulling tools out of your non-existent pockets, flying, using magic, etc.), including your fellow contestants. However, the general landscape of reality must not be shattered, bent, changed, etc. by the end of it.

• Stories are due by the 15th of June, two weeks from now.

• If all stories are submitted early, then I may start the Wait 1 phase early as well.

• Any violation of these rules will result in an automatic Rank 48.

If you have any questions about the challenge, don't be afraid to ask me. If I feel like it's of general interest to the rest of the contestants, I'll add it here.

—————The Goal—————

This round's goal: MOST INTERESTING

I'm sure that at least some of you have some super elaborate backstories for your objects, so I want to see some of that. This is a chance for you guys to learn some interesting things about the other contestants, too. The team with the lowest average rank will be up for elimination.

—————The Prizes—————

✓ Rank 1: +5 Basic Tokens.
✓ Rank 2: +4 Basic Tokens.
✓ Rank 3: +3 Basic Tokens.
✓ Rank 4: +2 Basic Tokens.
✓ Rank 5: +1 Basic Token.
• Ranks 6–24: Nothing.

✓ Team Rank 1: +3 Basic Tokens.
✓ Team Rank 2: +2 Basic Tokens.
✓ Team Rank 3: +1 Basic Token.
Team Rank 4: Up for elimination.

—————The Lesson—————

Since there's really no scene you have to describe here and since the goal is to make your story as interesting as possible, I feel like reminding you to use Grammarly once again is the best I can do. After all, this challenge is really just fleshing out your character; there's really no specific way you're supposed to do it. And the challenge is pretty simple, too; it's certainly not the hardest thing I'll have you guys do. Just have fun!

Good luck, contestants! Ready, set, write!