Chapter 12

Julian's POV

I looked at my watch countless times, waiting for my mother to leave my office so I could prepare for the date I had with this mystery girl. I looked at the time on my watch, and it was already past 7.

"When is this woman leaving so I can go on my date?" I say in my head.

After some time, she called her driver to come to carry some of her things to my office so they could start going. I was finally relieved to know that she wanted to leave.

Her driver came into the office and picked up her things, then she came to me and hugged me and also gave me a peck on my cheek before leaving. I felt I was too old for that, but she was just used to doing it. It had been a practice for her since I was little.

Whenever I was leaving her, she would always embrace me and peck me. When my father left us for almost a year, I didn't receive such treatment from her, and I must say I missed it dearly. It was good to know that she was over it now, and I had my sweet mother back, but I still felt I was a bit old for that.

I quickly put away all my things and arranged my office. I put my important documents in my drawer and locked them.

I look at my phone and check the text that my new catch had sent. She texted me the location of where she would like us to meet. It was a Mexican restaurant down the street where my company was.

This girl must have good taste, I thought to myself. The restaurant was quite expensive, but it was worth it because their food was lovely. Even though the restaurant was expensive, I was still up to the task because I had the money.

I dialed her number and asked her if she wanted me to come to pick her up, and she would go there herself; and she said I shouldn't bother that she was going to come herself.

I had to be sweet and also caring so that she would feel comfortable with me as this night was the last time I was going to see her.

I told her that she should text me when she had left her house so I would know when to leave my office because I didn't want to go there and wait for her.

I scrolled through my phone and went to Instagram to check if I would see any new people, and that was when I saw a new picture from my girlfriend. I looked at the picture and admired every inch of her. She looked so beautiful.

I liked the concept and dropped my phone, and then I remembered that I had told my girlfriend I was going to call her back, and I had still not called her.

I looked at the time, and it was almost eight, so I quickly dialed her number and waited for her to respond. After a few minutes, she greeted me with "Hey, babe."

Hearing her voice calmed me down, and I instantly wished she was here with me. We talked for a while, and she told me all that happened in her office today.

She then requested if I could pick her up so she could come over to my place and spend the night. I knew I already had someone new waiting for me, and even though I loved her, I couldn't afford to miss my date with this new girl.

I look for an excuse and tell her to prevent her from coming over. I told her that I was at my mum's place and I was spending the night there and I knew that I wouldn't want to come over to my mum's house because she could tell that my mum didn't like her, so that was the perfect excuse.

She quickly declined to come over again and said she would come tomorrow. I'm happy because I have enough time to spend with my new catch.

After talking to her for a while, I ended the call and saw a message from the new girl I was going out with. I looked at the notification and was relieved when I saw that she sent it just 8 minutes ago.