Chapter 72

JOCELYN'S POV

   I freeze in shock. I stare at him for a long time, wondering what he means by that statement.

   "What are you talking about, Marcel?"

   He smiles and pats my back. "Let's go in and see what Chrome hearts have in store for us. We have a long day ahead of us, you know?"

   "Of course," I say and we start walking towards the rotating glass doors with chrome frames.

   As soon as we enter the shopping complex, I am hit by the cold air from the air-conditioning surrounding the large area. I should have gone with my jacket.

   This place is as large as Marcel's company but it is covered in dresses which I am sure have price tags that could leave me bankrupt and scratching for income for years to come.

   Every shopper here looks like they've got it. They are dressed up to the latest fashion and there are young ladies, some alone, some in groups and some with their partners and they are all dressed to the nines and looking beautiful.

   While I look like I just stepped out of a magazine from the seventies.

   I shake my head and reprimand myself.

   I could get used to this place anyway.

   Marcel, who is walking before me, stops in front of the receptionist's desk and she seems to recognise him immediately. She beams widely.

   "Hello, Mr Marcel. Fancy meeting you here," She smiles broadly. "Here to get something for your grandma?"

   Grandma?

   I raise a brow. If he gets dressed for his grandmother here, then he has to be the sweetest man I have and will ever meet in my lifetime.

   The receptionist is a beautiful lady. Probably Hispanic with blond hair I am sure she dyed. But she's still beautiful. Her big brown eyes and full lips are the highlights of her facial features. Her nose included.

   Marcel laughs and shakes his head. "Grandma now complains that I get her so much dress. She wants me to get it for my woman instead,"

   "Last time we saw you, you were still single," The receptionist says and her eyes land on me. There's a cheeky grin on my face. "She's so beautiful! Oh my god! Is she a model? I love her skin!"

   "No—" I begin but she's already out of her desk and rushing towards me. She's such a high-spirited person and I love that but I need her to know that I am not dating Marcel. I am just someone he wants to help.

   "I have beautiful dresses!" She says with so much delight and claps her hand. I look at Marcel helplessly but he only shrugs. "Dinner dresses, office clothes and even casual outfits. You have come to the right place!"

   I close my eyes and sigh before putting up a smile for her. She grabs my hand and begins to pull me away and when I turn back, Marcel is on a call but still following after us.

   "I have never seen skin as smooth as yours. I'm envious,"

   I raise a brow at her and chuckle. "Your olive skin is everything,"

   "Of course," She says and we weave past the long, movable railings that have clothes hanging off them. A few people are picking from the hangers but I am more focused on the aesthetic of this place. "You didn't tell me your name,"

   "Jocelyn," I reply to her, my focus on the design. The whole place is painted in white and in some places, especially pillars, silver alternates with black. Workers are seated behind white tall desks while some are empty, save for the vases and chrome colored monitors.

   "My name is Lana,"

   The roofing is made from metal castings, giving it a sense of originality and urbane touch. I sigh in relief. Finally, I am here to shop and knowing who Marcel is, he wouldn't want mediocre.

   "Are you his girlfriend?" Her curious voice pierces into my distracted ears.

   I turn to her. "No, I am not,"

   "I figured. But there's something going on between you both, right?" She doesn't even wait for me to reply. She immediately jumps into her own conclusion. "The tension is there," She chuckles.

   We walk till we get to a section filled with beautiful dresses. Above us is a signal that we have gotten to the dresses section.

   "We should go to the office section first, I need some office wear. Not much of a party person,"

   Lana comes to stand before me. "We will get there. Marcel goes to a lot of parties, Celyn and I promise you, you're going to be attending with him,"

   "Why?"

   "Because he likes you enough to want you to attend with him? You're the first woman he's bringing to get dressed here,"

   "That doesn't mean he doesn't have any other women,"

   Lana places her hand on her hip and gives me a stern look. I laugh. It feels like we're old friends catching up.

   "One, Marcel is my friend from college. Two, he never entertains women that much. It got to a point where everyone thought him gay. Women throw themselves at him for his good looks and for the fact that he's a trust fund baby but he doesn't even care. The only woman he is deeply in love with is his grandmother and she's tired of all the love he's showing her and wants him to shower it on some other lady instead,"

   I nod. I am freaking out slightly because I don't even see us together. Fine, he's attractive as hell.

   He's very hot.

   In fact, I might have fantasized about him once or twice at night before going to bed but I know our paths don't cross. He's helped me so much and it doesn't feel right that anything has to happen between us.

   That would be me betraying myself and going against my principle; having an emotional attachment to your boss. That's not right. That's not business etiquette. It ruins business.

   "Are you ladies ready?"

   I turn to see Marcel standing there. He looks quite aloof.

   Lana nods and pulls me into the dressing cubicle.