Chapter 73

MARCEL'S POV

Leaving the women to their business, I decided to take a seat on one of the couches. I have a few calls to make today with my Singaporean investors. I am trying to get a contract and I just hope it works.

There are lots of buyers today and the mall is quite noisy. I'm glad I came with my noise-blocking earpods. It's the best to use in public.

Fixing it in my ears, I decided to give my Vice president a call to inform him of when the meeting will be starting.

"Regan, are you aware of the time the meeting will be starting... You should have called to ask... Yes. In twenty minutes. Make sure you are prepared because you will be doing most of the talking. I am quite busy but I want to be available while the conference call is going on..."

In the middle of speaking, I catch sight of Jocelyn stepping out of the cubicle. Sitting up slowly, I soak in the dress she's wearing.

A silk gown the color of sage. It hugs her features and enhances her bosom. The thin arm straps show off her skin and I feel my groin tighten. She stares at me and raises a brow.

Fuck.

"Mr. Reynolds?" Regan calls from the other side.

"We shall see at the meeting. I have to go now."

The call ends and I stand to my feet while distractedly slipping my phone into my pocket.

"Fuck," I mutter under my breath. I am sure that she heard it. "You look breathtaking, Celyn. You're buying this dress."

Lana comes out of the cubicle with a pile of darker shades of dresses in her arms. She winks at me when she sees the way I am staring at Jocelyn.

I know she's shy and if she was a few shades lighter, I would have seen the dull stain on her cheek.

Shaking my head, I say. "You're getting more dresses. We're going to spend time here,"  I draw close to her. She stands still, watching me with her dove eyes. At this point, I can't resist her.

My fingers graze the silk material ever so slowly. It is so soft, so smooth, just like her skin. My fingers travel over the skin of her shoulders and she jolts a bit. I know she feels exactly what I am feeling. She is only suppressing it and I know it's only going to be for a matter of time for her to come to terms that she is attracted to me.

   "This dress..." I mutter. "You're wearing it to the next party we will both be attending at the Oriental Hotel,"

   "Uhm, sure." She says and smiles. When she turns, my eyes catch the sway of her wide hips and I place both hands on my hip before turning away from her.

   I nearly bump into Lana who seems to have been standing there for a while with both hands on her hip. She shakes her head.

   "You're gone, Marcel. You're not even trying hard to hide your attraction for her,"

   "Oh, please," I wave her off. "Can you go attend to her? We have other places to go today."

   "Hmm. I'm waiting for an invitation to your wedding though."

   "Fuck off, Lana."

JOCELYN'S POV;

"And that will be all for today," I ask, wrapping the last dress. Lana raises her brow at me. "What?"

"You should get more dresses, you know?"

"I will. When I get paid. I feel guilty already,"

She gives me an incredulous look. "Guilty? Why the hell do you feel guilty?"

   I shrug. "I mean, why shouldn't I? I am spending money on dresses and the money belongs to someone else. I feel like a gold digger,"

   She bursts into laughter. "Are you one of those pick-me girls? Those who don't want to be too much just to seek male validation?"

   This statement makes me angry. I stop folding the dress to look at her sternly. "All I am going to say to you is that you're wrong. But I do not blame you,"

   "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to—"

   I wave her off. "It's fine. I think it's high time we left. We have a lot to do today that doesn't involve me being a pick me,"

   "I didn't mean it,"

   I ignore her and walk out of the cubicle. She is still trying to apologize behind me with the pile of dresses on her when Marcel appears out of nowhere. As soon as he sees me, he smiles.

   "You're done?" He asks.

   I nod. "Yes,"

   He notices my expression and stops for a moment. "Is anything wrong? You look quite angry."

   I shake my head. "Nothing of much importance. I just want to get this over with so we can have proper fun,"

   He smiles at me. "Alright," He turns to Lana who's standing there like she's been scolded. "Make the necessary calculations so I can wire the money to the company's account,"

   She nods and walks to her table where she begins to arrange all the dresses in different bags.

   "Thank you, Marcel," I speak after a long moment of silence. I take his hands in mine. "All these, it's too much and I don't know how to thank you enough,"

   Marcel shakes his head. "No, you don't have to thank me," He places his hand on mine. "You deserve it and more. You do. I understand how you are feeling right now but I want you to trust me. I am doing this because I care enough about you,"

   I nodded and swallowed. "Well, that's nice. Isn't it?"

   "Here she is, hanging off another man and trying to seduce him into buying her things."

I freeze on the spot. I will always recognize that voice even in my sleep. I feel a wave of great anger washes over me. It also shows on Marcel's face. His hand tightens around mine and he pushes me behind him.

   "What are you doing here?"