Chapter 101

JOCELYN'S POV;

   I still love you, Jocelyn. I birthed you and though I made mistakes, I am still your mother.

   I feel a wave of anger bubble up its way to my chest as I read the text over and over again.

   "Marcel has been granted bail," Julian says. There's a catch in his throat.

   "Shit. That's not good."

   "He's been given a restraining order to stay away from any of us. You included."

   I let my phone slide off my lap before turning to look at him. He's seated right beside me with his laptop seated before him. Slipping my arms around his neck, I wrap him in a hug. "Thank you."

   He rubs my back affectionately and kisses my forehead. "It's fine, babe,"

   Babe. Sounds surreal. I still can't believe we're here in this room together. I've been staring at my phone for a long time. At the text my mother sent to me and I want to tell him that she's been texting me but I can't bring myself to do that. I do not want to bother him with my family issues. He has other issues to attend to.

   Like business and Vito. And his mother that's also coming to visit today.

   Leaning away from him, I give him the space he needs before going back to the show I've been watching absentmindedly.

   "Vito has stopped sending those text messages. I wonder what he's up to now,"

   I whip my head to look at him. He's shut his laptop and both of his hands are massaging the side of his temples. He looks really stressed.

   Leaving my space, I draw close to him before pulling both of his hands down. "Maybe you should stop stressing over anything today? Business, Vito. Anything. Your mother will be here soon and she's going to worry when she sees you looking like you've been working your ass off,"

   He stares at me with a smile. "You're right. Today is Sunday anyway. I just can't—" He sighs. "Vito is not just a rival. He's my enemy and he's attempted to do a lot of things to my business. Criminal and illegal and now, he's bringing my friends into this. Gives me terrible headache,"

   "Then we need to make you some coffee. Heard it helps with headaches. You know, it helps dilate constricted blood vessels,"

   He raised a brow at me. "Why? Aren't you so smart?"

   Slipping out of his lap, I pull his hand. He's so heavy and I know that he's doing it on purpose when he pulls me back into his lap. His mouth captures mine, causing me to expel a moan I might have been holding back while ogling at his naked upper body and watching his fingers fly over the keyboard.

   "Jocelyn," He whispers as he slips his hand under my shirt. "You've made me a generally hornier person in the past few weeks. I fucking can't control myself around you,"

   Pulling away from him, I stare into his eyes, loving how intense they are. I feel my skin burn with desire. A desire only he can quench. "Then let's get you coffee?"

   Before I can move out of his lap, his fingers dig into the skin of my skirt, holding me back in place. "It's gone,"

   "What?" I burst into laughter. "Don't tell me you're doing this so you can fuck me,"

   "Oh, I want to fuck you. I really want to. But the question here is, do you want to fuck me?"

   "Fuck, yes."

   Laughing, he lifts me out of his lap and lays me against the couch.

  JULIAN'S POV;

   Fuck. I don't think I have ever desired any woman like I have desired Jocelyn. At first, I was so annoyed at myself for constantly thinking about her and feeling a pang of guilt whenever I remembered that I put her in an inconvenient position.

   The first time I had heard of her after our encounter, she was on the headlines. A photo of her and Marcel holding hands while going into a restaurant. And then, I met them at Chrome Hearts. The bastard. I knew he was going to use her to his own advantage and he fucking did.

   Her soft moans bring me back to reality and I stare down at her. At her rosy lips, at her hair fanning behind her in its glory. Her eyes, liquid with desire. She's an epitome of beauty. Leaning down, I kiss her closed eyes, drawing in a breath when she arches her back. Through her thin fabric, her taut nipples brush the skin of my bare chest. My fingers dig into her skin and she cries out, calling my name. It rolls out of her tongue so smoothly. So fucking perfect.

   "Say my name again, Jocelyn," I whisper against her neck, kissing her sensitive patch. It's not been a month and I know every fucking part of her body that ignites. I know where to touch her. I know how to get her weak. I know how to make her call for me.

   "Julian..." She whispers and lifts her hips to meet me. "I need you. Please. You're torturing the fuck out of me."

   Smiling, I graze my teeth against the skin of her shoulder, skimming my fingers down her arms when I get a grip of her waist. "That's the purpose,"

   "I can't— I don't have so much patience. You don't know how long I've been waiting for you to touch me,"

   "How long?" My fingers begin to circle her lower abdomen softly. She moans again, gripping my shoulders and sinking her fingers into my skin. "Tell me how long, Jocelyn," I repeat when I realize that she's so lost.

   "Since you started typing. You did it on purpose, didn't you?"

   I know what she's talking about but I act like I don't. "What?"

   "Came into the room fucking shirtless."

   A laugh bubbles up in my chest and I rest my head in between her breasts, inhaling the sweet scent of vanilla and roses. "Fuck, yes."

   "It's nice to see that I am not the only one putting efforts so you can notice me,"

   "And what efforts did you put in today,"

   Her hand slides down my chest, catching the hand that has found its way to her belly. She draws me lower and places my hand on her heat. I raise a finger and fuck. She's wet.

   "You have no underwear on?"

   She smirks.

   "You're going to be the fucking end of me, Jocelyn Dizon."