Chapter 92

JOCELYN'S POV

As soon as he is gone, I turn to my feet. Marcel is waiting for me. He has seen me with him, but he doesn't know what we discussed.

"Did it work?" He asks as soon as I get to him. He wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me into the dancefloor. "Let's dance and talk, okay? We have less than twenty minutes before executing our plans,"

   I throw one arm over his shoulder and place my hand over his. "Yes, it worked. Julian has always been a pervert. He was busy staring at my dress while we spoke."

   "What did you tell him?" Marcel asks. I can see the doubt in his eyes. Does he think I am doing something he didn't ask me to do?

   "I told him I wanted to see him later in the conference room. Not after seducing him, though," I chuckle nervously. I hope he doesn't hear the anxiety in my voice. "He was so rude to me,"

   "What did he say to you?"

   "Said he wouldn't lie to you that I seduced him. That was what he did to me with his mother,"

   "That fucker," Marcel growls. "Don't worry, Celyn. It will be over as soon as it starts. We have to be smart about this,"

   "What have you planned with Vito? You were with him for quite a while,"

   "He came up with a better idea. To instigate a problem between him and Jamal. He's the quietest amongst them all. But his temper is the worst. It happens that he had business with Vito, and things didn't go down well. I am sure he'd love to get into a fight with the old man,"

   "That's a smart idea. The other three won't want their friend in a fight. I mean, they would want to support him,"

   "That will lure them into the conference room. There, everything is going to happen. You don't have to worry about doing anything with him in the conference room. Don't want that bastard touching you,"

   "But there are CCTV cameras there? Do you think it's safe"

   "Don't worry, baby. It has all been taken care of," Marcel smiles. "Do you think we didn't look into all those?"

   "I'm sorry. I am only trying to look out for you. I don't want anyone to see what happened. You could be convicted of murder. I don't want that,"

   Marcel smiles and kisses the top of my forehead. "I understand. Don't worry, okay? Soon, all these would be over, and we would return to normal lives."

   Or not.

   I can't wait for tonight to be over. Saying that I am terrified is an understatement. I want to panic, but I remember Julian's words.

   Play along.

   Marcel stops dancing abruptly. We all turn to face the commotion.

   Just as he had told me, Vito is arguing with Jamal. They were very loud, and people stopped dancing to see what was happening. A few people raise their phones. Their cameras turned on. This was going to go viral. Shit!

   My eyes scanned the crowd for Julian. I found him standing with Davin and Damien.

   Closing my eyes, I feel my heart thump wildly against my chest. What if things go wrong from now on? I can't control the thoughts flying around my head as the fight worsens.

   Marcel takes my hand and squeezes it. "It is time, Celyn. I hoped you wouldn't come after me until we entered the conference room. I'll send you a text on the burner phone, alright?"

   Nodding, I watch him push past the crowd. I start shaking with fear. What will happen when I finally take Julian's side?

   He told me that his men were planted everywhere and nothing would happen. But I know Marcel isn't telling me something. It feels like he has something else planned, and it isn't arson.

   The crowd has gone back to normal. Everyone is back to chattering and dancing over the music.

   The burner phone buzzes with a message. It's a text from Marcel, asking me to come.

   I slip the phone into my pocket. I do not have the time to listen to any random dude asking me for a dance or a drink. There are more critical things to attend to, and flirting over a glass of wine isn't one of them.

   The conference hall isn't hard to find. The door is closed, but once I push it open, I am welcomed by the cold air.

   The conference hall is enormous. There's a gallery above, dark and good for hiding things or people.

   The argument is still full-blown, and I can hear something crashing.

   "What the fuck is she doing here?!"

   I turn to see Davin standing at the front. He's glaring at me. Julian is beside him. I see the fake anger that crawls into his face. He scoffs.

   "I didn't tell you? She's with Marcel."

   "Oh?" Damien laughs. "She can't do without sucking some rich person off? Gold digger!"

   "Don't you call her that!" Marcel growls.

   Damien turns to Marcel. "You never know when to stop, do you?"

   Marcel smiles wickedly. I have never seen him look so sinister. I do not want to be anywhere close to this. I am getting petrified, and even if Julian is giving me the gaze, I can't seem to calm down.

   "It's good that you all are in here now," Marcel says and produces a gun from the side of his slacks. I try as much as possible not to look terrified.

   This is it. He didn't tell me this was how things would turn out. The fucker.

   The four friends, save for Julian, looked shocked.

   "What are you doing, Marcel?!" Damien cries.

   "Trying to get us killed for killing his parents, obviously, Damien. Can't you see that?" Julian says in the calmest tone ever, and by God, he looks hot.

   "You want to do this, Marcel?" Davin asks, sounding terrified. He is also furious. "After what you did to Brenda, hm? You won't stop till you kill every one of your friends?"

   "We're not friends!" He snaps and wields his gun. "We never were!"

   Something isn't adding up.

   "What are they talking about, Marcel? Who is Brenda?"

   "Leave that to me, Celyn,"

   Julian bursts into laughter. "He didn't tell you? Oh, that's sad. He did manipulate you. I'm glad you told me all this before it happened."

   My eyes widen in shock. I take a few steps backward. No way. Julian did not just put me in front of these men.

   Marcel turns to me. The gun is pointed at me. "What did you do?!"

   "I'll help you," Julian calls over from the front. "She told me everything you had planned. I guess she's not over that sex we had that night."

   "You bitch!" He growled and came after me.