Chapter 68

MARCEL'S POV

She was welcomed warmly, but I didn't miss the look of uncertainty and surprise on some people's faces, and when I left, I wished her good luck.

I busied myself throughout the whole day with work just the way I had been doing. I was only underperforming due to Jocelyn's presence, but now she has settled down, I can carry one.

   Today, I work till late in the evening, and I do not realize it till I hear a knock on the door. Looking up at the clock, I know it's almost seven-thirty. I didn't expect myself to work for this long.

   "Come in," I call out.

   The door opens, and Jocelyn steps in. She smiles politely at me before turning to shut the door, and I do not miss the curve of her hip and the shape of her buttocks with that skirt on.

   I shouldn't be staring at her that way, as it is inappropriate.

   "You're working late today," She says as she walks to my desk. I nod at her and shut the file on the table beside my monitor.

   "I am almost done," I tell her while busying myself with shutting down my computer. She nods and waits, and once I am done, I inform her.

   We walk out of the office together, and when we get to the ground floor, I notice that some of my staff are greeting her. It looks like a good thing.

   "I see you're fitting in quite well,"

   She nods. "I didn't expect it, honestly. At first, I thought it would be hard for me, but it really wasn't. It didn't take a while before they all started smiling at me and addressing me with respect,"

   "You command respect wherever you go," I say. "It's something about you. You just exude confidence, and that makes people look up to you and respect you,"

   She smiles at me. "You flatter me a lot. More than I deserve,"

   "I speak the truth, Celyn,"

   She whips her neck to look at me. "Celyn?"

   "Yes. I have a thing for shortening the names of people I like. So I'll call you Celyn,"

   "That's nice, I guess," She chuckles, and I notice she's blushing. I just hope she likes me just as much as I do her.

   Once we are out of the building, we both look at each other and burst into laughter.

   "Do we drive together or separate?" I ask. "I can send my driver to come pick your car up,"

   "I think driving together is the best. Since we're going to the same destination and also returning to the same destination,"

   "Now that you say it, it makes sense," I nod and unlock my car. "So I'll send my driver to pick up your car, and that's settled."

   Nodding, we both enter the car, and once we are settled, Marcel revs up the engine, and we drive into the city lights.

   In less than twenty minutes, Marcel is already driving into the club's parking lot.

   It's a massive club from the looks of it. It's a high-rise building with lights and a monumental inscription on the last floor. It's a Hotel with a club building attached to it, and before we step out of the car, Marcel turns to look at me.

   "Ready?"

   "Ready as ready would ever be,"

   "I want you to be free. Don't let them intimidate you. They're fond of that,"

   "I promise you I wouldn't. You don't always have to see me as someone who can not decent herself,"

   "I really underestimate you, don't I?" He says as he climbs out of the car. He rushes to the other side and pulls the door before stretching out his hand for me to take.

   "You really do."

   The entrance into the club is straightforward. All Marcel does is move to the front of the line and flash his black VIP card to the bouncer, who immediately lets him in, ignoring the angry murmurs of other people waiting at the door.

   I am engulfed by the brightly colored strobe lights swimming about the club. The club is filled up with people, and the music is so loud that I can barely hear a thing over the music. I want to cover my ears with my hands, but Marcel grabs my arm and pulls me through the crowd. We push past people before we get to a staircase.

   "It's so noisy!" I shout over the music, and he nods before leading us up the stairs. We stand to the side as a man is being thrown down the steps by the bouncers, and when they all see Marcel, they smile.

   Turning to me, he beckons on me to follow after him, and a glass door opened by a bouncer admits us in.

   The noise deadens, and everything becomes muffled. I sigh in relief.

   "That was a damn noisy place,"

   Marcel, who's standing and waiting for me, nods with a chuckle. "That's for the regular clubbers. Here, we are protected by soundproof glass,"

   I look around the area. Compared to downstairs, this place seems more expensive and sophisticated.

   There are tables with poles around them, and half-naked strippers are on some of the tables, dancing and entertaining the men.

   I have only been to a strip club once and that was back in university when I had been dragged out of my dorm room by my friends. That night had been enjoyable, but clubs weren't my thing.

   We walk towards a counter filled with colored drinks illuminated by light. A bartender stands there attending to the others, and just when I think we'll be making a stop at the counter, Marcel's eyes light up and he laughs.

   I follow his gaze. There's a table at the far end of the room and it's surrounded by people who are dressed in suits and corporate dresses.

   These must be his friends.