SIXTEEN: FAVOURITE SONGS

A weird feeling came over Eve as they arrived at the old Creel mansion - the place was looming and large, with steps walking up to it - the place was looking worse for wear, no one moving in after the family had died inside of it.

The whole thing looked like the perfect place to stay if you were a creepy monster preying on teens, it all made a lot of sense.

"This place gives me the creeps," Eve mumbled as she walked next to her brother, Steve agreed quickly, walking up the steps to stand next to the rest of the group.

"This is nightmare material," Eve whispered to herself.

"Literally," Max whispered back, making Eve shake her head before walking to the front door - it was completely boarded up to stop anyone from getting inside, making her turn to Steve.

"Hammer please, hombre," Eve said, holding her hand out to Steve, who just gave her a look. Moving forward and pushing her out of the way. He bought his hame up and started getting the nails out of the wood, "you never let me do anything cool."

"Yesterday you stood on my shoulders to save your lil' girlfriend," Steve said to her, "My neck keeps cramping, by the way."

The mention of the word girlfriend made eve go quiet, moving back a little to let Steve do his thing. She was thankful no one else had heard his comment, not wanting the awkwardness to be in the air.

"What exactly are we supposed to be looking for in this shithole?" Steve asked Nancy as the girl worked on the other side of the door.

"We're not sure," Nancy answers, dropping the nails to the floor, "We just know this house is important to Vecna."

"Hope you guys have got your tetanus shots," Eve said, looking at the rusty nails on the floor, "wouldn't wanna come all this way just to be taken out by a piece of rusty metal."

Steve ignored her.

"Because Max saw it in Vecna's red soup mind world?" Steve asked Nancy, reaching up to get rid of the top nails.

"Basically," Nancy nodded.

"Great," HE mumbled.

"Maybe it also holds a clue to where Vecna is. Why he's back. Why he killed the Creels," Dustin continues for Nancy, "And how to stop him before he comes back for Max."

"We don't think he's in here... do we?" Lucas then asked, and the hairs on the back of eve's neck rose. She didn't really think that far ahead.

"Max said yesterday that Eve's powers got Vecna off of her and helped her escape, if worst comes to worst, Eve can do it again," Dustin says then, gesturing to Eve with his hand.

"Eve has the cool smoke powers again?" Robin then asks, "Sick."

"Not sick, whatsoever," Steve cuts in, looking at Eve, "It puts you in danger, it's a no."

"Okay mother Steve," Eve rolls her eyes, making him sigh, before turning back to Nancy.

"Ready?" He asks holding the board, to which she nods, and the two carefully lower it to the ground. And by carefully, I mean just let it fall, scaring everyone.