TWENTY EIGHT: NOT SO DIFFERENT

A/N
THREE UPDATES IN ONE DAY LETS GO?

Eve woke up half an hour later to a lot of movement in the trailer. He opened her eyes, feeling out of it as she saw max replacing her lap with a pillow so Eve could be more comfortable.

"What-" Eve mumbled, grabbing Max's attention. The girl looked down at her with a soft smile, moving Eve's hair out of her face.

"We're going to get the weapons, you stay here with Eddie, Lucas and Dustin," She says to her quietly, "get some sleep."

"Okay," Eve mumbles, turning onto her side and closing her eyes again as Max softly kisses her head before leaving.

Eve tries to go back to sleep, she really does, but it's kind of hard when she can feel three pairs of eyes burning into her skull.

"What?" She asked, opening her eyes, to see three heads quickly look away from her - she rolled her eyes, moving to sit up as she yawned.

"So, uh," Dustin started, turning towards her and pretending he hadn't been staring at her for the last five minutes, "you and Max... that's back on?"

"We had a talk," Eve shrugs her shoulders, "just kinda happened I guess."

"I didn't know little Harrington was into the ladies," Eddie says to her, sending her a small wink. She shook her head, getting up and beginning to walk to the front where she knew her bottle of water was.

As she walked past Eddie, she whispered into his ear, "don't act like I didn't see that bandana hanging from your back pocket in school."

She saw him turn his head with a small smile, and grabbed her bottle of water, taking a large sip before going and taking a seat once again.

"You guys think this is ever gonna end?" Eve asks them as she leans back, looking at the ceiling.

"I mean... it has to eventually, right?" Lucas says to them - but even he didn't sound so sure.

"It's starting to feel like either all this ends or we do," Eve says to them, "I mean... with the whole Lenora thing... it's starting to feel like it's less about Hawkins and more about us. We're cursed."

"If it's not us, it's same situation, different group of kids," Dustin says to her, "it's a different kid who went missing, a different group finding a girl in the woods."

"I guess," Eve mumbled looking down at her hands, "you ever wish it was different kids?"

"I mean... an actual break over spring rather than a fight to the death would be nice," Dustin shrugs his shoulders, "but if it wasn't us we wouldn't have ever been friends with Eleven... or you... or Steve, Nance, Max... we wouldn't have been hero's."

"Do you ever wish it was different?" Lucas asks Eve then.

"It'd be nice to know my brother and my best friends were safe all year round," Eve shrugs, "for my biggest worry to be if my new haircut looks stupid, or if I have any homework due."

"That's fair," Dustin nods, "you wouldn't be a superhero, though."

"I am not a superhero," Eve chuckles shaking her head, "I got in an unfortunate situation and now run the risk of dying every time a new problem comes to town."