ONE: MOVIES

Chapter One: Movies

"my only friend, through teenage nights."

•

"Clock strikes upon the hour, And the sun begins to fade, Still enough time to figure out, How to chase my blues away."

It was five o'clock on a Saturday as Eve sang along loudly to the song that was blaring through the radio on the side. She was moving to the rhythm, badly may I add, as she put goggles on her eyes.

"I've done alright up to now," She bobbed her head as she started to cut up an onion for the meal she was preparing, "It's the light of day that shows me how," she continues, going to use the knife as a microphone, but stopping when the sharp object almost cut her jaw.

"And when the night falls," She shouted loudly, looking up to the ceiling as she shouted, "my loneliness-"

"What the hell is going on?" Steve walked into the kitchen and Eve froze, looking over at her brother. He looked very confused with the pyjama look, paired with the goggles, paired with the cooking.

The scene definitely was weird to see, but not abnormal in the Harrington house. Since the two siblings had gotten closer, they were more comfortable around each other, which resulted in a lot of weird moments.

"Uh," Eve mumbled, "um... what, uh... what does it look like?" Eve tried to say sassily, but ultimately sounded very awkward, because she was. Steve just shook his head at her and began to walk go grab his keys.

"Wait a second," Steve froze, staring at her, "parents at the mall for date night, Steve's at work-"

"Why are you talking in the third person-"

"And Eve Harrington is cooking? Is the Eve Harrington trying to be romantic?" Steve asks with a fake look of shock, making Eve roll her eyes with a smile as he grabbed his keys.

"Shut up," Eve mumbles as she puts her goggles back on to cut the onions - she didn't want to cry after all.

"Wait are you actually?" Steve asks, shock evident in his voice, "I was just joking around but... are you actually?"

Max and Eve over the course of the last six or so months had been living in an extended honeymoon phase. They met up almost every day, whether it was with friends or alone, and kissed a lot. It was contant. They listened to music, watched movies, just talked, and they loved it.

"Yeah, Uh, don't tell mum and dad?" Eve begs him as she finished cutting the onions and puts them in the pan.

"Don't tell them about date night or don't tell them that it's a date night with a girl?" Steve asks her with a pointed look. He'd been trying to convince her for months to tell their parents that she was dating a girl - but she refused to, scared of what they'd think. Most of the party took it well, but it was still abnormal to them.