ELEVEN: JUDGEMENT DAY

Chapter 11: Judgement Day

"I feel I'm knockin' on heavens door."

•

Lucas was now sitting in front of Eve and Max, waiting like Dustin, Steve and Nancy were. Eve was laying in the couch, her head in Max's lap.

"If he finds out where we are will he send those dogs after us?" Max asks the boy as she subconsciously strokes her thumb over Eve's knuckles while holding her hand.

"He won't find out," lucas says to her.

"Yeah, but, if he does..." Max asks.

"Judgment day."

-

The lights started to flicker and Eve snapped awake.

"Let me go... let me go... let me go..." she screamed as the lights flickered.

"Calm down," Steve told the girl, running and hugging her to his chest. They all knew those were the words from Will, they were connected thanks to the mind flayer, they just had to keep her calm.

She fell silent as her brother hugged her tight. Her inner self was screaming from pain, but her outer self was silent.

She started to tap on his back, Morse code. But none of them knew it as she hugged him tighter and tighter.

"I just want this to be over," Eve whispers into her brother's shoulder as she lets out a little sob. "I don't want this... I wanna go back to normal."

"So do I," Steve whispered, "so do I..."

Eve went completely stiff in Steve's arms, and Steve knew she wasn't herself fully in that moment.

"Let me go," Eve suddenly said in a deep voice. Like Will had done inside of the shed. Steve let her go as she stood still.

Eve looked at her hands as black mist appeared, but she shook it off and closed her eyes, trying to keep herself in control. She needed to, otherwise they were all dead.

Suddenly Hopper came in and grabbed a piece of paper. Everyone crowded around him

"What happened?" Dustin asks as Hopper grabs a pen and starts to write dots and lines.

. . . . . . - . .

"I think he's talking, just not with words," Hopper says as he writes it down.