THIRTY ONE: THE END HAS COME

Max's body started to lift off the ground.

Eve's heart was racing, the worst case scenario, the one she had been so scared off had come true. Max was about to die, and she was going to have to watch.

Her head turned, everything going fuzzy as her brain began to shut off, the grief hitting her prematurely as tears continued to pour down - she looked to Lucas, the boy still fighting against Jason - fighting for his life.

His eyes caught sight of Max, her feet now leaving the ground as his eyes widened, terrified for the girl. He completely forgot about Jason for a second, allowing the boy to hit Lucas to the ground once again.

She looked back up at max, her mind drawing at blanks as she tried to come up with some form of plan. Something the stupid abilities she had been given could do to help.

"Eve!" Lucas screamed, her eyes drifting to him quickly. He was being choked by Jason now, tears pooling in his eyes as he croaked out, "Remember Will! The day on the field!"

Eve looked at him with wide eyes.

Lucas was right.

That day on the field, she had accidentally gone into his mind - it was the day she got her power, the day she became a cobber. The day Vecna chose her.

The day any chance of normalcy in her life ended.

She had to try, she had to fight for her, she had to do something other than just stare in shock.

She reached her shaky hand up, black mist leaving her fingertips slowly, reaching up and wrapping around Max's ankle as she closed her eyes, trying to picture herself in Max's head. Trying to picture Vecna.

She felt a warm sensation cover her body for a moment, a heat growing in her heart before fading.

She opened her eyes with a gasp, a hue of red overtaking her vision as she looked around her quickly.

She was in.

Her gaze went from spikes that held Chrissy and Fred... to Eleven against a door crying her heart out, unaware of the new presence, a floating clock...

And then she saw it.

The love of her life a second away from death, at the hands of a man who had done nothing but ruin her life for years.

Anger overtook her body, stronger than her hate for Jason, stronger than her hate for her father, stronger for her hate for the doctor who had hurt her so badly, and before she could even think, her hands shot out, a scream leaving her lips as smoke left her palms.

She watched with blurry vision as Vecna went flying, landing on the ground.

Eve let out a large breath as her shoulders sunk, the energy being a lot on her body.

"Max," She whispered, running over to the girl as fast as she possibly could - Eleven couldn't do anything but watch, knowing Eve was doing the right thing by running to the girl in the most danger.

Max looked down at Eve from where she was tied, a cry leaving her lips as Eve finally reached her - Eve had saved her.

"Oh my god, Max," Eve rushed, reaching her hands up and removing the vines from Max's neck, ankles and wrists with the mist.