FOURTEEN: LICK IT UP

Chapter 14: Lick It Up

"Turn around now. Cause you're not welcome anymore."

•

"Stay here, stay quiet," Steve says to them, putting his tea towel down and walking to the front door as Billy steps out of his car.

The kids watched silently as Steve walked out and Billy approached him.

"Am I dreaming, or is that you, Harrington?" Billy asks the boy, a cigarette between his lips.

"Yeah, it's me," Steve says, his hands on his hips sassily, "Don't cream your pants."

Billy slams his car door closed and throws his jacket through the open window before asking, "What are you doing here, amigo?"

"I could ask you the same thing," Steve says to the boy as he walks closer, "Amigo."

"Looking for my stepsister," Billy answers, a cigarette still between his lips, "A little birdie told me she was here."

"He looks like he's the kinda guy who'd fuck anything that moves," Eve whispers, making Max chuckle - And Billy heard it.

"Huh, that's weird," Steve says, "I don't know her."

Billy puts his hands up and puts two fingers, indicating something small; "Small? Redhead? Bit of a bitch."

"Doesn't ring a bell," Steve says, trying to keep calm. He would never talk about his sister in that way, "Sorry, buddy."

Billy takes the cigarette from between his lips and looks down for a moment as he sighs, "You know, I don't know, this..." Billy clicks his tongue, "This whole situation, Harrington, I don't know. It's giving me the heebie-jeebies."

"Oh, yeah? Why's that?" Steve asks, wanting Billy to leave.

"My 13-year-old sister goes missing all day. And then I find her with you in a stranger's house. And you lie to me about it," Billy says, taking a drag from his cigarette.

"Man, were you dropped too much as a child, or what?" Steve chuckles, watching as Billy puffs smoke Into his face, "I don't know what you don't understand about what I just said. She's not here."

"Then who is that?"

As soon as Billy said that, he looked over to the window where Max, Lucas, Mike, Eve and Dustin were. They all ducked down, Dustin practically falling into Eve who cried out in pain.