TWENTY SEVEN: A HOUSE AND A CAR

Since Max's speech about the killing of a man much stronger than all of them combined, they had all put on their game faces, trying to figure out where to get as many weapons as possible without looking extremely suspicious.

"Check this out!" Eddie yelled to them all from where he read a book on the kitchen table, all of them coming over quickly.

The yellow pages never seemed to fail.

He was pointing at a picture of a shirtless man holding a gun, an American flag behind him.

Sometimes Eve really hated her country.

"The war zone," Eddie said to them all, "I've been there once, it's huge. They've got everything you need for, uh... well, killing things, basically."

"Do you think fake Rambo had enough guns there?" Robin asks him, looking at the picture, "is that a grenade? I mean... how is any of this legal?"

"It's America, of course it's legal," Eve says to her.

"Lucky for us it is," Eddie says to them with a smile, "This.. this place is just far enough outside of Hawkins. As long as we steer clear of the main roads, we oughta be able to avoid cops and, uh, angry hicks."

"If we're trying to avoid angry hicks, maybe we shouldn't go to some store called 'the war zone'" Erica argues with him.

"Normally, I would agree," Nancy says to the younger girl, "but we need the weapons so I think it's worth the risk."

"Me too," Lucas nods.

"But is it worth the time? It'll take all day to bike there and back," Dustin says to them all.

"Who said anything about bikes?" Eddie asks.

"You got some car we don't know about?" Steve asks him.

"It's not exactly a car, Steve," Eddie says with a sarcastic smile, "and it's not exactly mine, but, uh... it'll do."

Eve moved away from the book as Eddie turned round to look at Max, who had been quiet in the corner.

"Hey, red, uh, you got a ski mask or a bandana, something like that?" He asks her.

"I can check," max says, heading off into her room. The group turn around to start discussing what they should be looking for inside, but Eve can't keep her eyes off of Max's disappearing figure.

She decides to follow the red-head, walking into the girls bedroom as Max dug around in her drawers.

"Hey," Eve said quietly, making max jump and turn to her quickly.

"You scared me," Max breathed, putting a hand to her chest as Eve cracked a small smile.

"Sorry," Eve apologised, the laugh showing that she didn't really mean it, as she walked up to Max's desk, seeing the things scattered on it.

It was the first time she had seen Max's room since the girl had moved.

She had little drawings all of her desks, and scribbles from class. A few cassettes, it all seemed so normal.