TEN: THE HOLLOWAY HOUSE

Chapter Ten: The Holloway House

When the group got to the Holloway household, Nancy rang the doorbell several times as they waited for someone to open the door. They weren't really expecting an answer, but it was always polite to try before breaking in.

No one was home, so they received no answer, and while everyone turned to Eleven, Eve did not. They shouldn't rely so heavily on Elevens powers, especially for something as small as opening a door.

"I've got it," Eve says walking forward. She picks a bobby pin out of her hair and bends it slightly, leaning on her knees to put it in the lock.

"I'm sure Eleven could do it," Lucas speaks up as they all stare at Eve, who had her head to the door as she messed around with the bobby pin. Eve messed with it for a second more before hearing a click.

"No need," Eve tells him with a smile of accomplishment, turning the knob on the door and opening it, much to everyone's surprise.

"Okay, Nancy drew," Lucas mutters, making Nancy glare at him, bad memories of the newspaper coming to her head as Eve walked inside, everyone following quickly.

"Tom?" Nancy called once everyone was inside, "Heather?"

"Jesus it's freezing." Max mutters as she walks past Eve. Eve looked at them all as they headed into the kitchen before going down a different hall, knowing time was of the essence and they needed to use it wisely; Mike watched her, confused, before following the others.

Eve walked down the hall, her breathing getting a little heavier as she walked, going into the room she'd been in only two days before. The food was still out, Heathers cookies too. A wine bottle was on the floor, and blood was too.

"Guys?" She called, staring at the items. She went to the wine bottle, picking it up as the group walked in to see what she was looking at.

"Blood," She told them, leaning down to look closer at the carpet.

"Yesterday Tom had a bandage on his forehead," Nancy remembered, looking over at Johnathan for assurance. He nodded his head agreeing with her as Eve looked at the bottle in her hands, analysing it.

"There's blood on the bottle," Eve told them, feeling sick as the kids watched in suspense, "he must've been attacked."

Nancy looked up at Eve in worry, before her eyes drifted behind the girl to see a rug pulled against the door, like something had been dragged against it. Eve turned quickly, looking at what Nancy was looking at, her face paling.