SIX: NIGHTMARE

Chapter 6: nightmare
"Every now and then I get a little bit terrified."

•

Hot breaths fanned onto Eve's neck as Max kept her arm wrapped around her, in her own dreamland. Eve's skin was hot, sweat evident from the moonlight glistening through the curtains as her eyebrows stayed in a furrowed position.

She was boiling hot, yet her dream was freezing cold. She appeared to be in the upside down, the air wasn't breathable. It was cold and toxic and made Eve's hairs stand on end as she looked around.

"Max?" She called out into the darkness, "Mike?"

"Eve!" She heard a boys voice shout. She looked over to where it came from and ran over to see Will Byers staring up at the mind flayer, screaming at the top of his lungs for it to go away. She started running at him, shouting at him to run when she froze.

She watched as a girl appeared, grabbing Will's arm and pushing him out of the way.

It was herself.

"No!" She screamed as she saw Will vanish and herself start to absorb some of the mind flayers power.

"It's just a dream," Eve mumbled, "You're dreaming," She cried quietly as she watched herself run into the forest. She turned towards the mind flayer, not following after herself. And rather than running away from it like she had in the past, she ran towads it.

"What do you want!" She cried as it got closer to her and she ran at it, "Tell me!"

It didn't answer as it got closer and closer, putting her into a whirlwind. She turned around in a circle, feeling like she was in the eye of a tornado as wind gusted around her

She heard different voices speaking to her as she turned around, each one getting louder than the next.

"We'll kill you."

"Fag."

"We'll kill your family."

"We'll kill your friends."

"Max open the door!"

"Hold her!"

"Get off!"

"It's for your own good."

"Stay away from her."

"You're no daughter of mine."

Eve froze at the last one, her dad appearing from the gusts of wind as he stared at her, "You're no daughter of mine."