Chapter 1

In the middle of the night, four wolves were dragging a dead body of a girl and dropped her near the territory of the howler pack. They made sure to leave a message for the Alpha.
After leaving the body, none of the wolves looks back until a cry erupted from the body.
" Looks like she is still alive," One of the men mind-linked.
" She is a fighter," Another commented before he attacked her neck while his claws stab her chest. This action made sure the girl was finally dead.
" Let's go, the guards are approaching," The four wolves ran up to their maximum speed if any one of them gets caught, they will face the worse treatment.
Howler pack is known for their brutal treatment when it comes to a rogue who is a threat to the pack. None of those wolves could have agreed to drop the body but after confirming with the spy about the patrolling timing, they agreed.

The smell of blood causes the patrolling wolves to increase their speed only to find a dead body of a young girl. Among the wolves, there was an older wolf who have a daughter around the age of the bead body. The older wolf release a low howling for the dead body as a sign of showing grief and farewell.
The howling caught the attention of the Alpha who understood the purpose of the howling. This made the Alpha alert and called his Beta and Gamma. Then the Alpha ran towards the location and the patrolling guards shifted from their wolf form.
" Whose body is this?" Alpha asked once his Gamma stood by his side.
" She is not from our pack. Is she a werewolf or human?" Gamma asked as Alphas can distinguish between werewolves and humans.
" She is a werewolf," Alpha answered.
" She looks like Anna and Ava," Beta whispered as he was horrified to see the state of the body.
" Alpha, this paper was found near her," The older man who is in his fifties handed the note to the Alpha.
" Hope you like our present,
soon in her place will be the Beta's daughter. Don't worry, I will keep them alive until they kill themselves,"  Alpha read the note loudly for the Beta, Gamma and the guards.
" HOW THE HELL DIDN'T YOU NOTICE SOMEONE DROPPING THE DEAD BODY?" Beta Ben screams in anger at the guards. As he wants to kill whoever tries to hurt his daughters.
" The body was already here when we reach," One of the guards whimpered due to Beta Ben's outburst.
" Ben, calm down. We will find whoever is behind this and put an end to his life," Alpha Chris said while controlling his anger as he is the godfather of the Beta's daughters.
" They knew the timing of the patrol," Gamma Aiden said.
" Take the body to the morgue and notified nearby packs and sigmas about the dead body," Alpha Chris orders the older guard and goes towards the packhouse followed by the Beta and Gamma.
After entering the Alpha office, Beta Ben spoke first, " Alpha, this is the sixth body found this month. Whoever is behind this, knows the timing of the patrol so there must be a spy in our pack,"
Alpha listen and nodded indicating he agrees with Beta's theory.
" Alpha, the message confirmed our doubts that our pack is in danger from those who massacre the pack after kidnapping the she-wolves," Gamma muttered.
This caused the Alpha Chris to stiff and release a growl as Alphas are protective towards their pack and the pack sees Alphas as their father figure. Therefore the thought of someone killing his pack made him furious.
" We need the council's help," Beta Ben claimed.
" But the council doesn't help in this matter until we have solid proof that our pack will be massacred by Unknown as those only happen to small or isolated packs. And our pack is the largest in the county along with the brutal warriors present," Alpha Chris spoke in irritation as he also believe his pack is the target of the Unknown. Because the process of seeking the council's help is filled with complications and takes time. That's why most of the time the Alpha takes care of the danger by themselves or asks their allies for help.
The unknown is a name given to an organisation that massacres the pack after kidnapping the she-wolves. Hardly few she-wolves were recovered from the black market where the she-wolves narrate the incidents that occurred before the attack.
At first, the dead bodies of shewolves were placed in the broader of their territory. Later messages were found with the bodies threatening to hurt the high-rank daughters and mates. All of a sudden it stops making everyone live normally then an attack happens. The attack starts from inside the packhouse or pack hospital or any important place in the pack. When everyone in the pack is concentrating on the attack happening from inside, that's when rogues arrive from outside.
After this information was revealed, many rogues forge the process and try to fulfil their goals. The council help the packs who were facing these at first but after finding out that it was a work of a copycat, they stopped. Also, the copycat work isn't effective and clever like the real mastermind so the Alphas were able to take care of the copycat by themselves.
" We have to change the patrolling schedule again and this time, the guards will know about the timing at the last moment. I will call council warriors for the security. Until then no one is allowed to roam in the woods without permission from either one of us. Ben, you have to make sure Anna doesn't go into the woods," Alpha Chris specific named Anna because she loves to wander in the forest since she was a kid. Anna could usual goes without informing anyone at all causing her parents to worry about her.
Beta Ben nodded to the Alpha and swear himself that he will check on Anna personally. Since she refuses to listen to him or his mate Katie whenever they tell her not to roam in the forest alone.
The knock on the door made the three men surprise as no one was wakened at this time.
" Come in," Alpha said.
The door opens to reveal Aston, Alpha Chris's son and the future Alpha of the Howler pack. Following Liam, Beta Ben's nephew and the future Beta of the pack. Lastly, Oliver arrives who is Gamma Aiden's son and the future Gamma of the pack.
" Is everything alright?" Alpha said to the three boys.
" What happened, Dad?" Aston asked confidently while both of his friends were looking nervous.
Alpha Chris looked at his son with narrow eyes.
" Tell me, what do you want Aston?" He asked in an Alpha tone even though it won't affect Aston but it shows Alpha Chris is angry.
" I will be the Alpha in a month and when I become the Alpha, it could be easier for me to know what was happening before I took the position," Aston explains the purpose of his visit. Alpha Chris understood and he was glad to see his son taking the Alpha responsibility seriously. Hence, Alpha Chris shares everything that happened and their plan on calling the council warrior and changing the schedule of patrolling.
" I think warriors are sharing the information with someone who is a spy," Liam shares his opinion.
" Liam, can you explain further," Alpha Chris's tone was more like an order than a question.
" Alpha, the majority of the warrior spends their time with Annie the pack slut. She came into this pack like a month and after a few days or weeks, bodies are appearing. I don't think it's a coincidence," Liam explained.
Alpha Chris was impressed by Liam's observation and he compliment him,
" You are good at observation, Liam. But we don't have evidence against Annie. Ever since she became a member, she never caused trouble rather I have heard she is facing bullying,"
Liam nodded and got nervous as he is the one behind the bullying being done on Annie. As he never liked her and her presence always makes him uncomfortable as it's sensing danger from her.
Aston didn't like Liam showing his suspicion about Annie as he personally spent time with her. Aston views Annie as a timid and gullible woman.
" Dad, I think we could use training warriors who are in the last semester of their training. Like assigning them on an undercover mission to identify the spy," Aston suggested.
" That's a great idea, son. Gamma Aiden assign the top warriors on this mission in the morning," Alpha Chris orders and the Gamma Aiden assures him
he will do it as soon as the sun rises.
"As Liam said, the warrior may share the schedule timing with a spy. And I have noticed the majority of warriors go for clubbing outside the pack as there isn't a club in the pack. So in the club, they encounter many members from different packs, sigmas and rogues as well. I think after some drinks warriors end up telling schedule timing to someone who is behind this," Oliver shared his opinion.
The Alpha and Beta nodded in agreement while Gamma is surprised at his son's insight. While Aston and Liam are well aware of where their friend is going to talk next.
" We can't stop warriors to go outside when they are not on the duty," Alpha Chris pointed out.
" Why don't we do something that makes warriors choose not to go?" Liam suggested while looking like he is thinking. When in fact he is helping his friend.
" Make a club inside the pack where pack members are allowed but there can be strict checking on the outsiders. This will allow undercover warriors to find something," Aston joins his friends on the unspoken plan.
" We can't let strangers inside our territory," Alpha Chris announced.
" It will give our enemies the perfect opportunity to attack us," Alpha Chris explains to Aston as he is a child which upsets Aston but he covers his emotions.
" I didn't consider that," Aston admits.
" What if it's only for pack members?" Oliver suggested as he likes to party and always wanted a club in the pack. As it's an inconvenience for him to travel from pack to no-man lands where clubs are for werewolves.
" We can think about it," Beta Ben said and Alpha Chris nodded.
The three boys mentally let out a relieved breath and they were excited about the club. Aston can pressurize his Dad to fund one of the club plans he received. Alpha Chris receives many applications for funding newly businessmen who have insufficient money to invest and in return, Alpha Chris can have a share in the business.
" I think it's time for you boys to go to sleep as you have school tomorrow," Alpha said.
The boys nodded and left the office looking satisfied as they were able to impress their dads.
" They will be great in the future," Alpha Chris commented.
" I still can't believe my son gave nice insight and suggestion as well," Gamma Aiden shake his head in disbelief.
" I told you, Oliver will be fine but you were always worried about his childish behaviour," Ben said.
" Easy for you as Liam was an ideal child for you to handle," Gamma responded making Alpha Chris and Beta Ben laugh.
Oliver was a mischievous child as he always get himself in trouble due to his pranking. Whereas Liam was an obedient child, who listen to Ben and his mate Katie and never cause trouble for them.
Still, Liam and Oliver are different from each other yet they have the same opinion and ideology.
" Well, it's almost going to be sunrise. Shall we go for the run?," Alpha Chris asked his best friends to which they both agreed.
After the run, Beta Ben went toward his house that was near the woods. Because of Anna's love for woods, Beta Ben and his mate Katie decided to move. In the beginning, children threw tantrums as the packhouse has many families where children play with their friends all the time. But living in the new house for a week, the children liked the privacy and comfort they had. Now the three children prefer to live separately.
" Good morning, sweetie," Ben greet his mate at the doorstep. Katie was waiting for her mate since the sunrise.
" Good morning to you too," Katie replied and kiss him.
" What happened that made you go in urged?" Katie asked.
" There was a body found. The girl had the same red hair and blue eyes as our girls. And there was a note that said Hope you like our present,
soon in her place will be the Beta's daughter. Don't worry, I will keep them alive until they kill themselves.
Alpha has decided that no one is allowed to wander in the woods without permission. Make sure Anna obeys us this time," Ben explains the situation to his mate.
Katie growled hearing the threat about her daughters, Ben noticed Katie's wolf is fighting for control. Therefore, he hugs Katie so that she can calm down.
" I will kill whoever tried to touch my daughters," Katie declared after she calm down.
" I will make sure that no one even thinks about hurting my princesses," Ben caresses Katie's hair.
" We have to tell them about the danger," Katies muttered.
" I think it's better to talk to them at the night. Liam knows the danger but he won't say anything to them as he knows we will tell them ourselves," Ben spoke.
" He is a sensible young boy like buddy used to be," Ben continued while thinking about his dead brother who was killed in a rogue attack along with his mate, leaving Liam under Ben and Katie's care. " Sensible, What did he do this time?" Katie asked while smiling as she consider Liam as her child.
" When Alpha, Gamma and I were discussing that's when Aston, Liam and Oliver came. They also joined the discussion sharing their opinions and ideas which were great making Alpha to follow their ideas," Ben responded.
Making Katie laugh, " Did they suggest that will benefit them as well?" Katie asked as she knew those three are clever and could use any opportunity to fulfil their desires.
This confused Ben for a while then he realised making him chuckled, " Those boys convinced the Alpha to build the club,"
" But that doesn't change they gave good ideas," Ben retorted.
" They are still children. They will grow up once the responsibility of the pack falls on their shoulder," Katie spoke while Ben nodded in agreement.
" AVA, THAT BELONGS TO ME," Anna yelling caught the beta couple's attention and they went inside to see.
" Oh goodness, you are acting like I stole your mate...which sounds like a good idea," Ava mocks Anna while being unaware of her parents behind her.
" AVA! " Katie scream after hearing her daughter's statement. This shocked Ava to become like a statue while Anna smirked at her twin.
" Look at us now," Ben muttered sounding annoyed.
Ava slowly turn around and she was about to say something. But her mother spoke first, " Never ever make jokes about snatching someone's mate. Mates are sacred,"
Ava nodded while quietly listening to her mother, " Sorry mom, I will never make that type of joke again. And why would I steal someone's mate when Aston is my mate?" Ava spoke trying to change the topic.
Everyone believes Ava and Aston are mates ever since they were children. As Aston was always protective of Ava and Ava always wanted to be around him. Therefore, Aston and Ava were able to date each other otherwise it is frowned upon to date anyone before their eighteenth birthday. After the eighteenth birthday, werewolves normally find their mate but if they failed. They are allowed to visit other packs to search for their mate and if it takes a long time then they can date anyone without being criticised.
" Mom, she took my bike keys again," Anna complained.
Before Katie could scold Ava, Ava rapidly said," She wasn't getting up so I had to do that,"
Katie rubbed her forehead, being a Beta female isn't difficult as being a mother of three children. While Ben was enjoying the show, he thought it was better to warn Anna about going to the wood.
" Alpha has announced no one is allowed to wander in the wood without permission. And he specifically said your name, Anna,"
" But why dad?" Anna asked looking shocked.
" There was a body found today and that's all I can say for now. We will talk about this after dinner. Got it?" Ben explained then Ava and Anna nodded.
" Now get ready for the school," Katie mumbled making Anna and Ava go to their room to change.
" I am going to sleep," Ben announced while kissing Katie and then proceeded to his room.
Katie went to the kitchen to prepare breakfast for the girls as Liam was staying over at the packhouse with Aston. Katie made crepes and fresh juices for Ava while Anna preferred to eat fruits in the morning.
Ava and Anna came to the kitchen, arguing about Aston. Anna and Aston never got along since childhood. Whenever Anna and Aston face each other, they end up fighting.
" Now what happened?" Katie inquire even though she wasn't interested as Ava and Anna always argue over the tiniest thing.
" I invited Aston for the dinner which made Anna angry and she started to fight with me, Mom" Ava complained.
" Anna, Aston is the future Alpha of the pack so you should learn to respect him," Katie spoke her line uncountable times.
" I don't like...," Anna could complete her talk when Katie snapped, " It doesn't matter, I seriously don't know why you two don't get along,"
This surprised Anna and Ava later they understood something is bothering Katie. Therefore they were quiet while having their breakfast and through facial expressions, they plan to talk to their mother when she is in good mood.
After having their breakfast, Ava and Anna hugged Katie and then left the house. Both of them took out their vehicles to race, they race each other every day since they got their vehicles. Ava had a BMW car while Anna had a Harley-Davidson motorcycle.
Anna took a shortcut to the school but she found traffic on the way which frustrated her. Therefore Ava was able to win the race this time.
" Yoyo, Where are you?" Ava called Anna.
" I am stuck in the traffic," Anna responded in a grumpy tone.
" Well, I won and you have to do my chores today," Ava laugh at the end while Anna groan.
After the call, Ava went inside the school and found her friends, Sophia, Ella and Grace near her locker waiting for her.
" Looks like you won today," Sophia comments seeing Ava smile.
" Yep, " Ava said.
" Today, a body was found," Ava spoke while taking her books out of her locker.
" Was it a werewolf?" Ella question.
" Of course, it was a werewolf. Otherwise, I couldn't have seen Dad this morning," Ava rolled her eyes.
" Do you know what will happen if it was a human?" Ella questions again.
" Police will be involved along with media. They will be suspicious of our lifestyle then we will be some crazy cult for them," Aston answered as he came to the girls.
Then Aston and Ava started to kiss while Liam made a choking sound which stopped the kiss.
" How many times I have said that I am not interested to see my sister kissing you?" Liam groaned while everyone laughed.
" I stopped counting after the tenth time," Aston joked.
" Aston, Whose body was found this time?" Ella asked.
" She wasn't a member of the pack," Aston replied.
" God, I can't attend another funeral. It's so depressing," Everyone turns to see Anna's friends, Alice and Chole.
" Don't worry, we made a plan. So the possibility of this being the last funeral is high," Liam said.
" How did you make a plan without having any evidence or clue of who did it," Chloe questioned.
" That's a ridiculous question," Oliver laughs at Chloe as he bullies Chloe all the time.
" But this time there was a message tho," Liam muttered looking hateful.
" What was the message?" Ava begs for some gossip.
" Hope you like our present,
soon in her place will be the Beta's daughter. Don't worry, I will keep them alive until they kill themselves. " Liam replied. Liam never hides anything from Ava and Anna. Then Liam tells them to act surprised when their parents tell them about it.
" Holy shit... Where is Anna?" Alice barks in panic.
" She is stuck in the traffic," Ava said looking scared.
Aston pulled Ava towards him and said,
" No one will hurt you or Annie,"
This made Ava punch Aston's arms and muttered in annoyance, " Her name is Anna, not Annie the pack slut,"
" They have a similar name," Aston defence himself even though he deliberately did it.
When Chole tugs her purple hair back behind her ear, everyone notices the diamond ring on her middle finger. This signifies to be a promise ring as werewolves before their eighteen birthday gifts to the person who they think will be their mate.
All the girls squeal in excitement and hugged Chole. Then all the girls asked questions at the same time.
" Why did you tell me?" Alice asked while holding Chole's hand.
" Who gifted you?" Grace asked.
" When did it happen?" Ava question.
" How did he gift you this ring?" Ella asked.
" When were you going to announce this news?" Sophia asked.
" Noah gifted me last night near the lake and we wanted to announce it during lunchtime when everyone will be present
Alice, I wanted to tell you and Anna at the same time," Chloe answered.
Everyone congratulated Chloe except for Oliver who looked annoyed later he smirked. Then he said to Chloe, " I would love to see that Noah isn't your mate and he will dump you right after finding his mate,"
This statement hurt Chole as she has insecurities that her mate might find her incompatible and reject her. Hearing Oliver, made her insecurities and fears increase which caused her eyes to get wet with tears. Chole ran towards the bathroom before she cry in front of everyone. Alice glared at Oliver and called him Jerk then left to console Chole.
" You are a sick being," Grace called Oliver and before Oliver could say anything, the bell rang. Then they all went to their respective class.
Alice called Noah and informed him what happen. Noah got furious that he planned to confront Oliver so he called his friend Kai. Noah confronting Oliver means he is going to beat the shit out of Oliver.
Noah:Meet me at the football ground, jerk.
Oliver: I will show you who is the real jerk.