Chapter 26

" You don't have to worry about that, Alpha. We will handle the matters on behalf of you three with your permission and will not make any decision on ourselves until the graduation ceremony," Constance spoke and along with her, Charity and Trinity nodded. The three of them were the assistants of the former high-ranked members.
" I appreciate your help in handling the pack matter temporarily. Rest assured, you three will be paid for your service," Alpha Aston spoke with a kind smile.
" Alpha, according to our contract, you are not responsible for paying us for additional work," Charity muttered nervously.
" Is that so?" Alpha Aston asked.
" Yes, Alpha... It's always been like this," Trinity answer smiling at the three high-ranked members.
" When will your contract be renewed?" Gamma Oliver asked.
" At the end of the year," Trinity answer quickly as she guessed the purpose of the question.
" Contact the lawyer to change that clause and we will see if there will be any other change," Beta Liam announced making the three assistants happy.
" Thank you, we can't express our gratitude in words," Charity spoke bowing her head in appreciation.
" You three deserve to be paid for your services towards the pack," Alpha Aston muttered.
" Alpha, if you don't might, can I ask you a question?" Constance asked.
" You already did," Alpha Aston joked making everyone laugh.
" You can ask as many questions as possible," Alpha Aston spoke after a while.
" Who will be in our positions?" Constance questions.
" To be honest, we haven't decided on that yet... What are the procedures for selecting assistants?" Alpha Aston muttered.
" It's always been either through networking or the preference of the boss who the assistant will work under," Trinity answered and continue to speak,
" It's the tradition of our pack that once any high-ranked members received their title, they should at least state the name of the assistant who will work under them,"
" Well, in that case, I want you to be my assistant. After all, you never gave Dad a chance to complain," Gamma Oliver announced making Trinity squeal in excitement before thanking him.
" I would like to organise a competition to select my assistant... Can you three handle that?" Alpha Aston asked.
" Absolutely, Alpha," Constance answered.
" I would like my assistant to select through the competition... In fact, we would organise a competition for Deltas, Zetas and Kappas," Beta Liam suggested looking at Alpha Aston who approved with a nod.
" That could cause trouble as Deltas, Zetas and Kappas want their children to inherit their positions, " Charity points out.
"Then we will handle it," Alpha Aston smirked as he spoke.
" That's all we wanted to discuss... You three can leave," Alpha Aston politely ordered the assistants to leave who immediately obeyed him.
" My headaches from all the work we did today. But I am happy that crow-like hair Noah won't be a Delta," Gamma Oliver groans after the assistants left the office.
" There is a chance he can be. If he won the competition," Beta Liam commented.
" Shit, it's past midnight... It still feels like we defeated our dads an hour ago," Alpha Aston muttered as he leaned back in his chair.
" Sleep tight in your office... I have to go to Chloe now," Gamma Oliver spoke as he left the office.
Before going to Alpha Office, he told Chloe to shift into his room on the Gamma Floor. He never thought Chloe could be his mate and now he thinks about it. It makes sense why would Chloe grab his attention since childhood.
At first, he goes to Chloe to play with her but once she rejected him, that made him angry. He then started to notice her every time waiting for an opportunity he could use. Then he found, she was behaving strangely that was it. It allowed him to bully her and later started to use his title.
" Gamma Oliver," Chloe's parents greeted Oliver with a bow as he came up to the floor.
" You don't have to worry about Chloe. I give you my word, I will treat her as she deserves to be... Like a queen," Gamma Oliver came directly on the topic surprising Chloe's parents.
" You promise you won't hurt her in any way... emotionally or physically," Chloe's Mom spoke with hope.
" Yes, I won't hurt her," Oliver assured and the couple looked with a relieved look.
" It's getting late, you two should be going now," Oliver left Chloe's parents behind and went to his room to see Chloe.
" Oliver," Chloe stood up from the bed and spoke as Gamma Oliver enter the room.
Gamma Oliver locks the door making Chloe nervous which increases as he walks towards her with a mischievous look.
" Tell me your secret and you won't face my punishment. You didn't think you will escape since you are my mate, have you?" Chloe gulped at Oliver's words.
" Why can't you just reject me? You don't even like me," Chloe spoke causing Oliver to growl.
" You were always mine... Before you were my slave and you are my mate. You are bound to be with me regardless of what I feel for you. So don't ever mention that ' reject' word," Oliver barks making Chloe jump backwards in fear.
" We will suffer in this bond as we don't even like each other," Chloe points out making Oliver laugh.
" My suffering will be rewarded, whenever I see you suffer that will be my reward," Oliver muttered cupping Chloe's right side cheek.
" What have I ever done to you, Oliver?" Chloe questioned making Oliver remember the rejection he got from her.
" Nothing, birdie," Oliver leans over and whispers in her ear then smells her scent.
" You will not see Noah," Oliver announced before going to the bathroom.
Chloe sat on the bed trying to control herself so Oliver couldn't see her crying. She took out her phone from her pocket and messaged Anna hoping she could help her.
Chloe:  Can you come to Oliver's room and take me with you? I can't be with him in the same room.

The sound of the notification didn't grab Anna's attention as she was too focused on the laptop searching for a human university.
" I have to leave as soon as I graduated from high school," Anna whispered to herself thinking about the fight she had with Alpha Aston.
As Anna was scrolling through a university page, the sound of the door knocking made her shut her laptop.
" Come in," Anna shouted.
Alice, Kai and Noah entered the room looking worried.
" We had a hard time convincing your parents to let us meet you," Alice exclaimed.
" Yeah, they grounded me for slapping Alpha Aston," Anna spoke grumpily.
" It's not your fault, Anna. He was being arrogant, " Kai said.
" And I saw the way he looked at you like he was internally fighting himself. I thought he would attack you," Alice spoke showing her fear.
" I am going to challenge Oliver for Chloe once I got my wolf," Noah announced shocking everyone in the room.
" Are you crazy?"
" He would kill you, "
" His wolf is stronger than the Alpha,"
The three of the friends spoke at once but Kai's words made everyone look at him.
" Didn't you three see the videos of the fight? His wolf looks stronger than the Alphas and my cousin was there during the fight. Oliver's dominative aura was stronger than both Alphas' wolves, " Kai looked at his friends as he spoke making their mouths open.
" I don't care, okay. He will hurt her and I can't stand that," Noah muttered seriously.
" We will fight Oliver if he hurts her emotionally, mentally and physically," Anna said as she stood up from her bed and walked towards Noah.
" But we have to be careful because he is the Gamma," Noah nodded at Anna's words.
" Do you have a plan, Anna?" Noah asked looking at Anna's determination.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 What will Anna and her friends do to save Chloe?