Chapter 23

" Yo, you guys won't believe what I have found out," Oliver shouts as he entered Aston's private gym. Where Aston was using the treadmill and Liam was doing push-ups.
" You have to tell us then we can tell if we believe it or not," Liam responds with a snort as he continues with his push-ups.
" As you know the mate of the hospital's chief manager accused him of cheating, right?" Oliver questioned looking at his friends in expectation.
" Yeah, but it has never been proven. Because spies told Dad that the chief never slept with a woman when he was working," Aston responds after he stops running.
" That part is true, the chief never had any relationship with a woman but he did with the corpses," The moment Oliver finished the sentence Aston and Liam shouted in disbelief,
" What the hell?"
" You are kidding,"
" That's the truth," Oliver exclaimed and then continued to speak at his normal volume.
" When Mom's aunt's body was found. Mom didn't leave the room where the autopsy was happening. Even after it was finished, Mom didn't leave. When Dad tried to convince her to leave, she screamed so loud. I could hear it from outside the closed doors. She tells these exact words, ' I won't let her get hurt by necrophilia,'. I had to google search to see the meaning of it," Oliver shake his head in the end as he was trying to get forget something.
" So you think it's the chief," Liam tries to confirm with a disgusted look on his face.
" Well, I had to use my spy skills and a little birdie helped me as well to find out that it was the chief behind this crime," Oliver spoke with a proud smirk thinking about Chloe whom he bullied into helping him.
" This is a freaking crime and could ruin our pack. Why hasn't Dad done something about it? Didn't Aunt Susan tell Mom about it since it's her responsibility to monitor the pack hospital?" Aston snarled as he pushed back his hair in frustration.
" I don't know about that. But we could blackmail the chief into handing us the ingredients," Oliver spoke cheering to lighten up the mood.
" Yeah, we will go once I freshen up," Aston muttered and left the room.
Liam put his hands on Oliver's shoulder and said,
" Make sure that little birdie doesn't talk about this matter with someone else or until we solve the matter,"
Oliver places his arms around Liam's shoulder and pulls him closer whispering,
" I made sure the birdie won't tweet anything without my permission. I am basically the master of the birdie,"
" It's Chloe, isn't she?" Liam asked as soon as he realised it as Oliver used to bully Chloe into calling him, master.
" One and only," Oliver answers chuckling and pushing Liam away gently.
" You need to wash yourself. I can't bear the smell," Oliver dramatically snorted and left the gym. Thinking about Chloe, who was disturbed by the chief's secret today.
" She must be vomiting right now," Oliver guessed as he thought more about her.
Meanwhile, Chloe is still vomiting after she came from the hospital. Chloe felt light-headed as she finished vomiting and pressed the flush button. She looked at the mirror seeing her pale reflection. This reminded her of memories she fighting with herself to live and ask for help.
Thinking about the bitter memories, made Chloe quickly wash her face and leave the bathroom without looking at the mirror.
" Sweetie, are you okay?" Chloe's mum asked as she hold Chloe's face.
" Yeah... Actually, no. I found out a horrible thing today, Mum. I felt so disgusted that made me throw up my lunch," Chloe answered and hugged her Mum. Chloe's Mum gently pulled Chloe and made her sit on the edge of the bed.
" What was it?" Chloe's Mum asked sounding more concerned than before.
" I am finally understanding why you or Dad or any of our relatives hesitate to complain to the high-ranked members, Mum. They are not doing their work properly...," Chloe's Mum interrupted her by whispering,
" Don't say it loud. Even the walls have ears,"
" Okay, Mum," Chloe nodded as her Mum pets her hair.
" You still have to tell me what you found out?" Chloe shook her head after listening to her Mum's question.
" I want to but... I can't," Chloe answers looking at the floor to avoid her Mum's glance.
" Does anyone else know about it?" Chloe's Mum was still adamant to know as it could risk Chloe's life.
" Yeah, " Chloe answered in hesitation.
" Is that person have a strong connection that could save you?" Chloe looked at her Mum with confusion as she found the question irrelevant.
" Why are you asking that?" Chloe questioned back.
" Some secrets are deadly to know and if this person has a strong connection... It means this person is well protected. Will this person protect you?" Chloe immediately nodded her head.
Even though Oliver has been cruel to her. She was sure, he won't let her get hurt as he once said, " Only I can hurt you,"
Moreover, he was the one who forced her to sneak into the chief's office so if she gets caught or is in danger. Therefore, it's his responsibility to keep her safe.
" He will keep me safe," Chloe whispered unintentionally making her Mum freeze.
" He?... Is it Oliver, Chloe?" Chloe's Mum asked suppressing her growl. Chloe pressed her lips together as she was getting scared of her Mum's anger.
" Answer me... Is it Oliver?" Chloe nodded her head slowly and saw a raw fear on her Mum's face.
" Sweetie, how many times your Dad and I have told you to keep your distance from Oliver?" Chloe's Mum stand up and asked making Chloe frown.
" I do keep my distance, Mum. But whenever he uses his future title of Gamma, I couldn't refuse it. You know, it could be considered treason," Chloe answered honestly making her Mum rub her face and take a deep breath.
" You will be safe if you keep your distance from him," Mum advises.
" Can you tell me, why you always instructed me to stay away from him?" Chloe asked in the hope to have an answer this time. Her parents always told her to stay away even before the bullying started. At first, she didn't know the reason and could argue but after the bullying, she stop. As she thought her parents knew that Oliver was a jerk from the beginning.
" Because of ...," Chloe's Mum stopped talking and Chloe notice a look of realisation.
" Gamma couple were never nice people from the beginning and being their child means... Oliver is the same," Chloe knew her Mum was lying and just looked at her with a knowing expression.
" Just tell me because what I found out is messed up," Chloe tries to convince her Mum into telling the truth to her.
" Oliver isn't a member of this pack... He never was or will be," Chloe's frown deepen as she heard the truth.
" But he will be the future Gamma," Chloe muttered.
" For time being, he will be but not forever... That's the King's verdict," Chloe was about to ask more questions but her Mum silences her by showing her palm.
" I don't know anything more than this. Your Dad and I were never comfortable that you spend time with an outsider," Chloe almost flinched at the word, an outsider.
" Tell me, what you found out? Because Oliver will not protect you," Chloe's Mum asked looking serious.
" I am sorry, " Chloe responded making her Mum sigh.
" Chloe, why can't you? Because he threatened you... He is an outsider and the moon goddess knows why Alpha allows him to live here. But you are a member of this pack and if you found out something... You have to report or if you don't, that will consider treason towards the pack and the Alpha," Chloe's Mum explained hoping Chloe will tell.
" I think it's not only Oliver but Aston and Liam who are involved. They both will protect me when Oliver can't," Chloe mumbled.
" How sure are you?" Chloe's Mum questioned.
" Seventy per cent," Chloe's answer made her Mum to nodded while she is in deep thought.
" When you feel neither of them will help you, you have to tell your Dad and me. We would find a way to protect you, Sweetie," Chloe nodded at her Mum's words and went to hug her. While replaying her Mum's words regarding Oliver.
In the meanwhile, Aston, Liam and Oliver arrived at the hospital. They walked towards the reception where they were immediately greeted by the receptionist nurse.
" Good afternoon, Future Alpha, Future Beta and Future Gamma,"
" I like you, nobody really bothers to say our future title when we three are together," Oliver smirked as he spoke making the nurse blush in shyness.
" We are here to meet the chief manager. Is he here?" Aston asked giving a polite smile.
" Sure, I will page him. His office is on the first floor... If you are going on the elevator, take the first right and the third door is the chief manager's office," The nurse spoke giving her a polite smile as well.
" Thank you," Aston muttered and the boys went towards the elevator.
The chief manager was already in his office, arranging his messy table as soon as he received the message from the receptionist about the boys' arrival.
The door suddenly opened startling the chief manager and making him growl. He then immediately bowed as soon as he saw the high-ranked members.
" Excuse me for my growl. My wolf got startled by your sudden arrival," The chief manager apologise making Aston hum.
" We need these herbal ingredients," Aston ordered as Liam handed a piece of paper.
The chief manager read the paper and quickly shook his head. He was about to talk but Oliver interrupted by saying,
" Either give us the ingredients or your dirty dead secret will be out,"
" What are you talking about?" The chief manager asked trying to act normal but the fear was visible on his pale face.
" Oh, I have the videos to prove it... The ones I found in your secret laptop," The chief manager step back unintentionally after Oliver finished speaking.
" Please take a seat and make yourself comfortable while I bring these ingredients," The chief manager muttered avoiding looking at the boys.
" We are coming with you to take the ingredients," Liam responded and gesture towards the door.
" After you," The boys smirked as they followed the chief manager.
Within twenty minutes, the boys left the hospital with the ingredients. They stopped at the patrol guards' hut, where the guards go when they take a break for resting or eating.
According to the time schedule, the boys knew that nobody would be present in the hut. Therefore, it was the perfect place for the boys to make the potion. As the pack house kitchen is the risk place as anyone could interrupt them and notify Alpha Chris.
" So this looks easy potion to make," Oliver commented as he read the instruction.
" I hope this works out," Liam muttered as he takes out the necessary utensils.
" I talked to my aunt and she assured me it's an easy and efficient potion," Aston spoke as he takes out the ingredients from the bag.
" It's time to wake our wolves up," Oliver announced as the boys gets ready to make the potion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I couldn't find a better picture of potion-making than this one

How is the story going according to you?