Chapter 25

With the news of the fight and the welcoming of the new high-ranked members, everyone member of the pack received a message informing the breaking news.
Ava screamed as she read the message making Sebastian startled and worried.
" Is everything okay, Ava? Why did you scream?" Sebastian asked and Ava showed her phone to Sebastian who read the message.
" Aston, Liam and Oliver challenge their fathers for their position and won the title. Welcome Alpha Aston, Beta Liam and Gamma Aiden as the new high-ranked members," Sebastian read out loud in disbelief and soon Ava exclaimed.
" It's insane, right? I can't believe it... We have to go the pack now,"
" Sure, you wait here and I will bring the car, " Sebastian spoke as he went towards the parking area.
" Ace, did you hear the news?" Sebastian mind-linked Ace who immediately replied.
" I did and that means our plan will be preponed. Make the necessary arrangement, Seb,"
" I will and for now, I will go to the Holwer Pack with Ava," Sebastian spoke.
" Okay, try to find out who are Oliver and Astons' mates. That may help with our help," With that Ace and Sebastian finished their conversation and Sebastian left with Ava to the Howler Pack.
" Did you call your parents?" Sebastian asked Ava after a while.
" I did but they are not picking up. Anna isn't in the pack right now and just received the messages. So she is also on her way to the Pack," Ava answers making Sebastian hum.
" I still can't believe why did they challenge for the position?" Ava said even though she knew the answer. It was obvious the boys didn't want to wait for the next two years.
" We are here," Sebastian announced as he parked his car in front of the pack house.
After stepping inside the pack house, the hall was filled with people congratulating Alpha Aston, Beta Liam and Gamma Oliver. Ava and Sebastian walked towards them and soon Alpha Aston smell a scent of lilies that made his wolf alert.
He looked towards the source of the smell and made eye contact with Ava who smile in return until Alpha Aston shouted,
" Protect," Everyone stood still and the older people immediately understood the meaning behind Alpha Aston's claim.
" He is your protector," Sebastian explained in shock to Ava looked clueless.
" Well, that explains Aston always being protective towards Ava," Beta Liam comments making everyone in the hall agree.
" So that means you have to risk your life to protect me," Ava joked making Alpha Aston chuckle in agreement while Sebastian pretend to smile. When in reality he was flaming in anger as being the protector Aston would be present in Ava's life even if that may be for a few days.
" Sebby, now you can share the burden of protecting me with Aston... I mean Alpha Aston," Ava said.
" Congratulations on becoming the Alpha, Beta and Gamma," Sebastian spoke with a fake smile as he pulls Ava towards him.
" Thanks," The boys replied at the same time.
" I don't like him," Alpha Aston's wolf Vic, barks.
" But he is Ava's mate," Alpha Aston respond as he didn't find any other excuse.
" Not all the mates are loving ones," Vic barks again making Alpha Aston think.
As Alpha Aston was thinking, the possibility of Sebastian hurting Ava made him feral. He was about to see red when he smell vanilla that felt a splash of cold water on him. Making his anger evaporate in a minute and feeling a calmness through his body.
" Mate is here," Vic roared making Alpha Aston look in every direction and paused when his eyes met blue eyes whose face is identical to his protectee's.
Before Aston's wolf barks, a roar erupted causing everyone to look towards Oliver. Who quickly walked towards Noah and pushed him hard making Noah fall far.
" She is mine," Oliver shouted as pulled Chloe towards him inhaling her rose scent that is helping to calm him.
In the meanwhile, Aston was able to control his wolf and the need to claim his mate.
" I never saw that coming," Beta Liam comments to his mate who spoke,
" He has to prove himself worthy of Chloe now and should start begging for her forgiveness,"
" That's right... Dude, who is your mate?" Beta Liam asked Alpha Aston.
" No one yet," Alpha Aston responds and then howled to gain everyone's attention towards him.
" In the next three days, the Alpha, Beta and Gamma Coronation will be held. So get ready as the Coronation will be the greatest of all time," Everyone in the hall cheered after hearing Alpha Aston's announcement.
Anna came in front of Alpha Aston with anger and sneer at him,
" You couldn't wait for two years to become an Alpha. That shows how impatient you are and it isn't a quality of being an Alpha,"
" You should start to behave and give me respect after all I am the Alpha now," Alpha Aston sneers back in annoyance.
" Respect should be earned which you will never get from me," Anna snorted making Alpha Aston smirk.
" Be careful with your words. I can put you in the pack's prison without any difficulty now," Alpha Aston's words shocked Anna making her clench her jaw in anger.
" My brother is the Beta and Dad was a Beta... It was never or ever will be easy to put me in prison just for disrespecting you," Anna spoke with a smirk making Alpha Aston smirk deeper.
" Don't provoke me... You will not like the result," Alpha Aston warned and sensed Anna's fear after making his smirk shift into a winning smile.
" I could sense your fear, Anna. Are you scared of me?" Alpha Aston asked in a mockery tone.
" You will never be a capable Alpha and will ruin the pack's reputation," Anna sneered back.
" Just wait and watch, Anna. Then you will be praising me as an Alpha in the future," Alpha Aston spoke enjoying his conversation with Anna.
" Over my dead body," Anna responds making Alpha Aston affected by her words.
" You will not die... I will make sure of it," Alpha Aston barks without any second thought which confused Anna.
Alpha Aston clears his throat and said,
" I am your Alpha and it's my responsibility for your safety,"
" I don't need your protection. I am capable of protecting myself," Anna scoffed.
" I don't remember you protecting yourself when rogues attacked you or being brave when you saw the two humans injured," Alpha Aston taunted Anna making her gasp.
" Will you guys stop fighting for once," Ava spoke as she stepped between Anna and Alpha Aston.
" Come on, Anna, what Aston did was not illegal or any like that. Why are you behaving like this?" Ava asked making Anna chuckle in humourless.
" Not everything can be classified as legal or illegal. what Aston did was unethical and disrespectful to Uncle Chris and Aunt Carol. He made fun of their upbringing," Anna spoke as she looked at Alpha Aston in anger.
" It's Alpha Aston to you," Alpha Aston commands showing his wolf's eye who is also angry with Anna's disrespect to him.
Before Anna could say back to Alpha Aston, Beta Liam interrupted her by saying,
" Stop it, Anna. As the Beta, I will not tolerate you being rude to the Alpha,"
" You wouldn't," Anna gasped in shock.
" I will not discriminate in any way while doing my work. I am the Beta of this pack and not your brother when I am working," Beta Liam said in an explaining tone.
Anna was shocked to hear Beta Liam's words even though she knows Beta Liam was taught in that manner. Yet, she felt hurt as she expected her brother will have her back and looked at her twin and friends. Ava was looking disappointed in her while her friends gave a sympathetic looks.
" If you spoke as a Beta, I could have respected you. But we both know you are saying as Aston's... My bad, as Alpha Aston's friend who blindly follows him," Anna spoke looking at Beta Liam who was hurt by her words.
" Anna, you are going too far," Ava shouted in shock.
" Oh please, Ava. You don't have a say in this matter. After all, you will choose Alpha Aston over me at any given time," Anna shouted back.
" That's not true, I am trying to stop you from embarrassing yourself in front of the whole pack. It's high time for you to be respectful towards Aston," Ava pointed out as she gesture to their surroundings.
Before Anna could say something, Alpha Aston growled and looked at Anna.
" Go to your room and it's an order, Anna," Alpha Aston gritted his teeth as he spoke.
" You can't order me," Anna insulted as she folded her arms across her chest making Alpha Aston look at her chest.
" It's either that or you will be thrown in the pack's prison. Choose wisely as no one will come to defend you," Alpha Aston spoke at a low volume making Anna scared.
"It's not wise to fight when you are scared," Alpha Aston mocks Anna making her act recklessly as she slapped Alpha Aston right across his face.
" Anna," Epsilon Ben shouted while everyone stood shocked.
" I am sorry, Alpha Aston. This will be the last time Anna behaves like this. Please forgive her this last time," Epsilon Ben apologise and bowed to Alpha Aston who came out of his shock.
" Take her away from my sight, right now," Epsilon Ben immediately dragged Anna away after hearing Alpha Aston.
After Epsilon Ben took Anna away, Alpha Aston spoke loudly,
" Please continue to enjoy and don't let this small disturbance ruin the night,"
That made everyone resume their celebration while Alpha Aston could feel the slap.
" Mate is dominative, it will be fun to make her submit," Vic barks and Alpha Aston ignores his comments as he understood what Vic meant. And he doesn't have any intention to claim Anna as his mate because he still wants Ava.
" Alpha Aston, I apologise on behalf of Anna and I am thankful for you not punishing her," Epsilon Katie spoke in a grateful tone.
" As you know, it isn't like her. You and Anna have argued back and front. This is the first time....," Alpha Aston interrupted Epsilon Katie by saying,
" Aunt, you don't have to apologise on behalf of her. And I know Anna enough that... she wasn't herself today. I wonder what happened to her," Alpha Aston said.
" I know why she is behaving like this," Chloe whisper in a timid tone. After Oliver claimed her as his mate, she couldn't speak because of shock. But the urge to defend her friend's actions made her speak.
" Then what's the reason?" Alpha Aston asked.
" We went to the human mall. There was a small stall of someone reading cards to predict the future. Anna paid the guy to predict her future, and he read her cards and said, ' you are cursed because of your parents and will be killed by a wolf. A wolf who swore to bring justice to its pack.' In the end, he did tell us the future will change and that she now knows. But still, it was a huge shock to her and then the message come... This really overwhelmed her," Chloe shared shocking everyone surrounding except Sebastian who knew which wolf Chloe was referring to.
Epsilon Katie couldn't breathe as she heard Chloe and kept looking at Chloe in disbelief which was noticed by everyone.
" Mom, don't think too much. This man much be a con and scamming people for money," Ava spoke in the hope to calm Epsilon Katie but then Sebastian commented,
" Seers are real, babe. They can either predict the future through palm reading, carding or visions,"
" Alpha Aston, can you permit my mate and me to investigate this matter?" Epsilon Katie desperately asked.
" Mom, I can look into this matter...," Epsilon Katie interrupted Beta Liam saying,
" You just became a Beta. You will be busy but your Dad and I will have plenty of time. We will investigate this matter after Alpha Aston gives his permission,"
" You can look into it and have to report everything. If I found out something is hidden then the consequences will be harsh," It was Alpha Aston's wolf Vic who spoke and then Alpha Aston went upstairs to his office.
" We have to protect mate at any cost," Vic barked as Alpha Aston entered his office.
" We will, " Alpha Aston spoke loudly as he is having difficulty controlling his wolf.
" Let's mark and claim our mate," Vic barks instead of talking to him, Alpha Aston took out a small pill. Which had a small quantity of wolfbane that help Alpha Aston to control his wolf.
" Moon goddess, give me strength to control Vic. I can't keep taking wolfbane," Alpha Aston prayed. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So how was the chapter? Will the prediction come true? What is the curse on Anna because of her parents? Is the man genuinely a seer or a con man?